What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have the US 4K UHD digital copy already, and the German 3D disc on the way. Since I already have access to the fully English version in 2D and have already seen the film, unless it ends up totally killing a bunch of gags, I’m inclined to keep the German and not worry too much about it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The Disney titles change angles along with the audio- that’s why they go black for a second when they switch tracks. I would assume picking English from the Languages menu would bring that up if it existed, but will have to check the disc when it gets here.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I got burned too. Oh why couldn’t this information have come out a week ago before my order shipped? My only hope is that the English subs will provide a translation of the thought bubbles in addition to the dialog. Though it will be inconvenient to have the subs on for the whole movie.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think you guys might be overestimating how much bubbling/text there is in the film. I don’t think it represents a significant portion of the film’s content and the English language soundtrack should bridge the gap.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I have no concerns with this news. I hardly think the whole film is communicated in thought bubbles.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Yeah, I have no concerns with this news. I hardly think the whole film is communicated in thought bubbles.
The bubbles and the yellow rectangles are intermittently throughout the comic book art. Even the red and blue color edges of some of the images resemble the excess ink processes that would be left on the early color comic book issues. The familiar English comments are a very nice touch.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I presume it will be some short scenes like the below that will have text in German. Hopefully I retain enough of my college German to figure it out. If not, I'm still OK with it.

SpiderVerse_swt020.1066_lm_v2.jpg

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the Preauth on my CC about 2pm ET today and expected an email tonight about shipping, but so far I have no
email and nothing on my order to say it's shipped.

It looks like my total is just a fraction under $60 after the price dips and sl exchange rate dip. My initial order was a bit over $80 though I suspect I might have cancelled in the price had never dropped after original posting.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just took a quick look through Mortal Engines, I had high hopes for very strong 3D having looked at 2D trailers but I’m a little disappointed, don’t get me wrong it’s fine but it could of been much stronger imo, maybe I will think differently after watching it in full.

Also had a quick look through Enchanted Kingdom after a strange start looks to have some very nice 3D, clear bright and lovely depth, amazing fine detail. If your into animals and safari type documentary I think you will enjoy it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks