What's new

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw Titanic in Dolby Cinema 3D. It looked and sounded awesome.

Huh - I missed that run. Can't remember if my closest AMC had Dolby Cinema when that 2017 brief run of "Titanic" occurred.

Even if it did, I wouldn't have spent $20 to see it. I went to the 2012 3D release and have the 3D BD - that's enough 3D "Titanic" for me! :D

I'm curious to know if there've been other Dolby Cinema 3D screenings. Maybe they've been semi-common and I just didn't notice, but since I've had A-List, I've paid very close attention and can't recall any other DC 3Ds...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
DC in 3D in the US is extraordinarily rare:

-The Jungle Book (2016)
-Rogue One
-Titanic 3D

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Not HFR IMAX 3D? I thought that was the only large format the film was released in.

How was the presentation?
Not the same presentation that Josh saw in NY. In Dallas, where it played for one day, Billy Lynn was shown in Dolby 3D, lower frame rate than NY, but higher than in the disc. I think it was 60 frames per sec. I loved it.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, I'm back to watching 3Ders and first up today was TOY STORY 2. How was the 3D compared to the first one, to me, not as well done. IMO But it was still very enjoyable. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Next up with be HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 1 & 2.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Well, I'm back to watching 3Ders and first up today was TOY STORY 2. How was the 3D compared to the first one, to me, not as well done. IMO But it was still very enjoyable. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Next up with be HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 1 & 2.

What can I say John except, Enjoy... HTTYD 1&2 will blow your socks off.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
House of magic (Thunder and the house of magic) ... never failed to be amazed by the stunning 3D, the story, the colours. Just magic.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
House of magic (Thunder and the house of magic) ... never failed to be amazed by the stunning 3D, the story, the colours. Just magic.

One of the best titles available. It's an absolute showcase. The 3D is what makes it magical.

The House of Magic
is what it's called in the region B release. It's the original title. I like it better, recalls various other "House of" titles, not least House of Wax.

I don't know why they retitled it for the US market, I think that sounds terrible.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Thanks Mark. I have VENOM coming from Germany so I'll just add SPIDER-MAN.

EDIT: Just ordered from Amazon de.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

One of the best titles available. It's an absolute showcase. The 3D is what makes it magical.

The House of Magic
is what it's called in the region B release. It's the original title. I like it better, recalls various other "House of" titles, not least House of Wax.

I don't know why they retitled it for the US market, I think that sounds terrible.

Absolutely, and yes it is a bit odd why it was re titled for the US. One thing I was wondering is if it was censored for the UK ?.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks