What's new

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
This morning I read a disturbing post, from Rio de Janeiro, RJ:
Per PVictor:
PVictor;15782197 said:
I'm sad to inform that Disney Brazil informed that The Incredibles 2 is it's last 3D Bluray released here in Brazil. This also includes Marvel and Lucasfilm releases.
I was so shocked about the news that I had to inquire them why they took this decision.
They were swift to respond and said that this decision, like all of their decisions, come from the Disney headquarters in the US. And it not only affect us here in Brazil. They said that Disney ordered the termination of 3D bluray distribution in ALL OF LATIN AMERICA.
I'm very sad about it cause now I'll have to start importing like most of us already do.
Let's just hope that the UK keep the 3D bluray rolling for all of us.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You got room for a projector? DLP, and a 120" blows a 65" out of the water for 3D in my opinion. The immersion is second to none. I even prefer it to 3D in theaters.

You got room for a projector? DLP, and a 120" blows a 65" out of the water for 3D in my opinion. The immersion is second to none. I even prefer it to 3D in theaters.

No, my current residence isn't big enough for a projector. I have a 65" OLED and probably could fit a 75" but nothing bigger than that,

To be clear, I'm not looking for anything right now - my LG OLED is less than a year and a half old and works great.

Just discussing the 3D options in an academic sense! :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone who still wants the $3.99 "How to Train Your Dragon" but can't find it on Best Buy's site might want to check in store.

When I went to pick up my copy last night, I found copies on the shelves even though the site claims it's unavailable...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
There are inferior models of OLED? I thought any of them were supposed to be great.

Nope - the older ones aren't as good. I did a ton of research when I looked to buy in 2017 and was strongly steered away from the pre-2016 LGs.

Not that the older ones were BAD, but they're still not seen as being on a par with the 2016 LG OLEDs.

It's been long enough that I don't remember what made the older LGs "inferior", but the issues were significant enough to push me away from them....

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just did the unthinkable and cancelled my 3D copy of ANT-MAN AND THE WASP from Amazon UK and purchased the 4K copy at half the price. Unless they can come down in price, I can't see continuing to buy the 3Ders.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just did the unthinkable and cancelled my 3D copy of ANT-MAN AND THE WASP from Amazon UK and purchased the 4K copy at half the price. Unless they can come down in price, I can't see continuing to buy the 3Ders.
I wait to purchase until the UK 3D drops to around £10, usually a few months. I'm not in any rush.

I just received 3D's of Black Panther and The Last Jedi last week after waiting for the price drop.

Passengers 4K/3D combo is now on sale at Amazon for $14.99.

upload_2018-11-25_20-52-37.png

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Justice League 3D goes up for Lightning Deal on Amazon Monday, 11/26, at 7:35am. Current price is $30.21.

upload_2018-11-25_23-30-48.png

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I just watched INCREDIBLES 2...and I made a mistake on cancelling ANT-MAN 3D. The 3D was so damn good, I paused the movie, turned to my wife and said that I had cancelled ANT-MAN and bought the 4K instead. And she sounded just like Tino!!!

I had a momentary lapse of judgment and I know I'm going to regret it. Like the wife just said, "Why the flip flopping now?"

Going to see if I can cancel and reorder...can't cancel.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Justice League 3D goes up for Lightning Deal on Amazon Monday, 11/26, at 7:35am. Current price is $30.21.

View attachment 52571

Note: this is the Amazon Exclusive without Digital if that's important.
The Full release has been $16 on Deep Discount recently for comparison. 19.98 currently and expected to have some sort of CM coupon later today (usually 15%)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell

Hey John,

I almost went for the 4k uhd of this to, £24.99 in the UK but after enjoying ant Man I went with the 3D at £19.99.
Watched Skyscraper yesterday, predictable but enjoyable with some good 3D, and not to long .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks