What's new

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Kubo is a superior film even in 2D. It should have won Best Animated Film of the year. The 3D added to its beauty (I saw it on a screen in a flawless presentation).

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
John it would have been nice to have seen the 70mm 3D of The Stewardesses back then and certainly regarded as a grindhouse classic now. Cant help but wonder what the other were like from the late 60's along with HARD CANDY from 1976 and PRISON GIRLS '72.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got my shipping notice today from Best Buy for Ready Player One 3D, so that'll likely arrive on Monday. :thumbsup:

Still haven't been able to watch Rampage 3D yet. Maybe tonight.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
John it would have been nice to have seen the 70mm 3D of The Stewardesses back then and certainly regarded as a grindhouse classic now. Cant help but wonder what the other were like from the late 60's along with HARD CANDY from 1976 and PRISON GIRLS '72.

I have or had Prison Girls on DVD in the field sequential 3D method. The movie was pretty bad and the 3D was not that great. Emmanuel 4 was a lot better.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Rampage 3D was great, right from the opening logos and the first scenes that take place in zero gravity to the finale among the Chicago skyscrapers.

A little disappointed that the Atmos soundtrack was not on the 3D version, but that seems to be par for the course with Warner and the DTS HD-MA soundtrack was very good.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Rampage 3D was great, right from the opening logos and the first scenes that take place in zero gravity to the finale among the Chicago skyscrapers.

A little disappointed that the Atmos soundtrack was not on the 3D version, but that seems to be par for the course with Warner and the DTS HD-MA soundtrack was very good.

It really gets my goat that studios are ripping us off not putting Atmos audio which is supposed to be immersive on these 3D discs.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think I remember hearing something about the PS3 having issues playing Dolby THD audio on 3D discs. I think studios have been using DTS on 3D to circumvent that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think I remember hearing something about the PS3 having issues playing Dolby THD audio on 3D discs. I think studios have been using DTS on 3D to circumvent that.
Heaven forbid we don't inconvenience those with PS3's. :rolleyes:

Let them use an alternate soundtrack if their jankety little boxes cannot play Atmos.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Wouldn’t there be a choice? Some of my Marvel 3Ds probably have Atmos, but I have had no problems playing on my “jankety” (?) little box, mister Richy Rich.

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
You really have to take reviews like that with a grain of salt. 3D is very dependent on equipment, so what looks lousy on one system may blow your eyes out on another.

The only truly "lousy" 3D experience I've had so far is with the conversion of Top Gun, though a close second would be Blade Runner 2049: one film from the 80's that was never intended to be 3D, and one recent film from a crew who reportedly wasn't interested in 3D.
Disagree on Blade Runner 2049. Yes, the overcast, hazy shots didn't lend themselves well to 3D, but it was more than made up for with the depth-filled indoor (and cockpit) shots. The 3D conversion did win an award, and I can't say I necessarily disagree (the spacious sound design in the film may have contributed to the enveloping effect of 3D to some extent).

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, I'm with Malcolm. When I viewed it on 3D my system, it was so dark, I switched it to 2D.

Maybe at a later date, with my new calibrations, it may be worthy to view it again in 3D...we'll see. :3dglasses:

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Got my shipping notice today from Best Buy for Ready Player One 3D, so that'll likely arrive on Monday. :thumbsup:

Still haven't been able to watch Rampage 3D yet. Maybe tonight.
Did Rampage contain a digital copy? It is not clear from the description on bestbuy.com. And what is your understanding as to whether Ready Player one has a digital copy? In the case of Bladerunner 2049, it did or it didn’t depending on where you bought it. I would appreciate any information that you have.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Both of those have digital copies. Of course I’ll first try to trade them for other movies I don’t have, as I have no desire to see these in compressed 2D when I have them in 3D.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Did Rampage contain a digital copy? It is not clear from the description on bestbuy.com. And what is your understanding as to whether Ready Player one has a digital copy? In the case of Bladerunner 2049, it did or it didn’t depending on where you bought it. I would appreciate any information that you have.
All new WB films come with digital copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks