What's new

HTF REVIEW: Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I was very disapointed with the easter egg. Yeah, it was funny when it was the dancing baby on Aly McBeal(no it wasn't, really). I would have rather seen a minutes worth of real bloopers.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I haven't even bothered to watch the easter egg yet. I loved the blooper easter egg on II, but the yoda dancing doesn't even strike me as something funny.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

watch that scene again and look at the way Obi-wan moves and looks as he says it.
he doesnt know what luke is there for yet

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Okay, more weirdness...

When Obi-wan rides off on his lizard at 1:20 ish and heads up the hill after talking to the clonetrooper that he knows and right before the emperor gives the order, there is no sound FX for the lizard galloping off. The lizard plops down and makes a vocal noise, but there is no sound of the impact and subsequent galloping. Weird... Seems like maybe a whole layer of foley type sound FX is just missing. Maybe it's artistic but it's very inconsistent with the sound design of all the other SW flicks.
This flick is by far for me the most satisfying of all the PT but for some reason I am getting the weird feeling that there is something missing in the mix which JUST keeps it from being the completely immersive experience that it should be. Just a gut feeling.

but what do I know...

:)

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
Well, i watched it last night, up load, and my neighbour came over and asked me to turn the subwoofer down because all he could hear was the bass.
Dang!

Movie looked fantastic, and sounded just as good. I admit to agreeing with those on this forum about the inconsistent bass, although for me, it hardly mattered too much as i had everything turned down from about the last third of the film. nevertheless, i did found myself being more wrapped up in the actual film than spending time thinking about how this spaceship sounded or that lightsabre effect wasnt bassy enough: something that hasnt happened in any of the previous prequel films! Bravo Lucas for getting me interested in the film for a change.....!

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator
What was old ben Kenobi supposed to do? Spill that he knew these droids years ago and open up a round of questions from Luke that he wouldn't be willing to answer?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
"It's working, It's working!"...:b

But, yeah, cute...but could have lived without it. Loved the gag reel of AOTC though. Oh well. At least I know now with the help of my fellow HTF brothers, I am less challenged. :D

For those who haven't seen the web docs. I was a bit indifferent with them at first. But now I really LOVE alot of them...especially Becoming Obi Wan & the piece on John Williams. The score doc gave me goose bumps and serious case of meloncholy nostalgia.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
From Star Wars.com...

Episode III DVD and Battlefront II Shatter Records
November 08, 2005

In just one week of release, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith on DVD and the Star Wars Battlefront II video game brought in sales of US $210 million in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia and Latin America, capping a record-breaking year for Star Wars.
The two newest Star Wars home-entertainment releases debut in four more major international markets through Nov. 23.

Jim Ward, Senior Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. and President of LucasArts, said, "The phenomenal sales underscore the enduring strength of the series. In many territories, DVD and game sales were nearly double what we initially expected. Consumers are clearly eager to experience the movie again in pristine DVD quality and to immerse themselves in the Star Wars universe by playing Star Wars Battlefront II."

Star Wars Battlefront II is poised to overtake last year's original Star Wars Battlefront as the best-selling Star Wars video game of all time, with first-week sales 40 percent ahead of its predecessor, Ward said.

The record-breaking sales of the DVD and video game continue a trend that began on May 19, when Star Wars: Episode III opened in movie theaters in the U.S. to widespread critical acclaim and smashed the one-day box-office total with $50.6 million in sales. Throughout the summer, Revenge of the Sith set new box-office standards, taking in $380 million in the U.S. and $468 million internationally, becoming the worldwide No. 1 movie of the year.

But the popularity of Star Wars goes well beyond cinema and home entertainment. The NPD Group recently reported that Star Wars is the most popular toy property by far, with 9.1% of the entire U.S. toy market heading into the key holiday period, outselling its nearest rival by a nearly 2-to-1 margin.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well I know that everyone was together at the end in the phantom menace. I'm sure there are other times...

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I don't see their tussle as a problem at all. Yoda was trying to hide who he was from Luke anyway ("I'm a crazy swamp-dweller, gimme some candy!"), and R2 was not going to let Yoda's aggression stand, man.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, i've had the saga complete and on my shelf for over a week now, and as much as i'm thrilled to have them all lined up, I find myself wanting a box to put my PT in more and more to match the OT box, with extra room in it for the two Clone Wars volumes as well.

I want more, and I know I shouldn't. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
BTW, did anyone else notice the fairly glaring mistake in continuity when the mask was being lowered onto Anakin? In the long shot of him lying on the table, the neck piece for the mask isn't there but when the face plate goes on it is.

Weird that something like that was overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks