What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Season Three (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if we all refuse to buy it, they'll lower the price to Buffy levels? ($45 instead of $100+)

Chris M

Second Unit
That would certainly be nice. I wonder if Fox will go reprice all their seasons of X-Files to that level? I'd buy them then! :)
(my ex-wife got all 4 previous X-Files seasons.. grr)
Chris.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Maybe if we all refuse to buy it, they'll lower the price to Buffy levels? ($45 instead of $100+)
Well, I don't think I have that kind of will power to say I ain't buying unless you lower the price... But it sure would be nice if they could release them at Buffy prices. Those boxsets must be the best deals on DVD.
-Ric

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I think the prices have stayed the same (someone earlier said it looked like they went up for the earlier ones?), at least around me...Wal*Mart still $100, Best Buy still $110, Borders still $125, Suncoast still $150. Heh...I have half a mind to buy one from Wal*Mart and do an exchange at Suncoast for $150 worth of stuff...j/k :)

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Oh' why did I wait to upgrade my TV this year? I really want these, and now it's stacked up to $300 for me.:frowning:
Off topic:
Ron, you might want to clean your carpet before season 4 arrives. It looks like you stepped on a moth, right above disc 7. EEEWW! :D

DanHaya

Second Unit
Folks, keep digging around...there are plenty of places out there selling the set for less than $100. I preordered mine from DVDPlanet.com for around $95, and I have heard that there's a site called NorthAmericanDVD.com that has it even cheaper than that...but don't quote me.

--Dan

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Fry's has had the first two seasons on sale for $89.99 the first week they are out.

I usually buy the set at Best Buy on release day and then price match a few days later when Fry's posts the sale price.

That way I get a great price and the bonus discs that the Best Buy sets have had in the first two seasons.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy, how about changing that menu shot for BoBW to a LINK, with appropriate spoiler warnings? ;)
The other shot with Data is cool, though! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Wow!! My set shipped today!! Holy UPS! if looking for a very cheap price on box sets or this go to northamericandvd.com....I've dealt with the guy alot. Great stuff...82.99 before shipping:)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I wasn't aware that the season boxset packages were all going to be color-coded according to Starfleet rank.
Not quite. Season 1 was red. Season 2 was orange. Season 3 is yellow. If you remember your 3rd grade science and/or 2nd semester college freshman physics, you see the pattern here. And conveniently, there were 7 seasons of TNG to fit the pattern.

But when did uniform colors ever correspond with rank (or any other consistent meaning) in the Star Trek universe?

Woo hoo! Life is good. Just checked the site I preordered from, and they've already shipped Season 3. :D Thanks, once again, for the review Ron. I've been looking forward to this season since I watched Encounter at Farpoint, and your review helped to remind me why my anticipation was well founded. And thanks to Par for releasing TNG at this rate. I just finished watching Buffy Season 2, and waiting 6+ months for season 3 is not nice. At least Par seems to get how to release TV shows on DVD!
--Andrew

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
But when did uniform colors ever correspond with rank (or any other consistent meaning) in the Star Trek universe?
There IS a pattern, supposedly. It's just that it wasn't always followed in the real world of making a TV show!

As far as the colors of the TNG sets, didn't Martin Blythe himself say somewhere that the coloring would follow the rainbow (i.e., "ROYGBIV") pattern?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks