What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Jurassic Park 3" (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
That's what I thought about JP3. It's heavy on the bass but I thought the original DTS version was better mixed as far as overall sound goes.

Another thing I noticed was the type of amplified footsteps that Spino made was far different and not as distinct as the one T-Rex made. Obviously Spino is bigger and deserves more oomph with his footsteps but T-rex's famous footsteps had more upper range impact while the Spino just had loud booms that sounded like plain old LFE instead of dino footsteps. The footsteps are good to show off your subs capabilities but not at one time did I get the chills watching JP3 like when I heard the T-Rex's intitial footsteps in JP1 & also in JP2.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Is a plot included with the supplements? This is the one thing I missed with the theatrical release. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jack, it's like I said before.
You *DO* get a plot! And it comes with holes so big you can drive a Spinosaurous through it! :D

Martice

Screenwriter
From what I gathered from the film is that this time around they kept the early movie chit chat to a minimum and wanted to focus on creating a chase film involving man/woman eating dinos.

I guess the plot was boy lands on island, boy must be found, boy must be rescued, now we all must be rescued, run for your life!!!

The End.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
:)
What I felt when I saw it upon release was that it was worth the money for the 1 1/2 hours of straight special effects. No sitting through the simulated "acting" like with Pearl Harbor or Titanic, just cut to the chase. I'm sure the DVD will be worth getting for the same reason. I need some new footsteps, anyway.

Martice

Screenwriter
All acting is a simulation but it's bad when the actors are given a simulated script in a movie filled with simulated actors and asked to bring a sense of realism to a series of special effects and chase scenes.

In fact, this reply is even a simulated response designed to help the reader pass the time away until someone else comes with a not so simulated response worthy of repeating to future generations and adopted by the wise and intellectually endowed.

Gruson

Second Unit
I know the T-Rex was there and fought the Spino but he did not get enough screen time.

He is the king of dinos and his yell, footsteps, etc. is kind of a Jurassic Park tradition.

I was pissed he was not in JP3 more (not to mention the raptors were ruined).

The Spino mechanical effects were the ones I really hated.

GuyCrawford

Auditioning
Just wondering if the new JP 3 pack has all 3 dts versions? Does anyone know? I have the first two in DD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Awesome, man!! I have had this title for almost a week now and I have not had the chance to watch it on the big screen at elevated volume levels yet because of the kid factor and lack of time. Can't wait.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
This movie was horrible. I can't imagine anyone over the age of twelve enjoying it. I'm not saying that as an insult just as a fact. This movie is so poorly conceived that it's main target audience must be the twelve and under crowd. The parents were so stupid that I was hoping they'd be the first killed. Unfortunately I knew from the beginning that they would have to survive. I not only guessed who was going to get killed but I even got the order right. I tried to go into this "without my brain" but it didn't help. Maybe I should have watched it in the foreign language track.

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
In actuality Spinosaurus wasn't bigger than T-Rex (what was Jack Horner thinking when he said that?), it was longer but not bigger.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
You *DO* get a plot! And it comes with holes so big you can drive a Spinosaurous through it
My words exactly !
I bought the TRILOGY Box set a few days ago. I liked JP I - didn't really care for JP II - and had heard nothing but good things about JP III from my friends and folks here on the HTF...needless to say...I hated this movie.
Sure it had some good action and honestly - I wasn't expecting much on the acting side either. The Plot holes just killed it for me.
Hey - I even liked Armageddon ALOT better than JP III :)
Just my thoughts.....
Oh and if ay of you are interested...I'm now selling this Trilogy Box Set here on the Software for sale Forum:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=32989

Chad Beaudin

Agent
Ron, tiny little clarification. At the opening of the disk it is not a Spinosaurus that peeks through the III scratch marks it is a Raptor.
I know really lame complaint, should not even waste anyone's time with it. :rolleyes

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
although it suffers somewhat from an Idiot-Driven Plot

(where the people do totally idiotic things just to keep the plot moving-thank the writers)

I like it as much as the first-Yes, the transfer is great, but to me, it has more of a primeval, Prehistoric feel to it- somewhat like King Kong, if I can be forgiven mentioning the two in the same sentence.

Sam Neil was a plus, and having a bit of Laura Dern was a real treat-(which was also a TOTAL surprize for me!)

IT seemed to whiz by a little too quickly, tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks