What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Ghost Ship" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I just watched this movie and was thouroughly impressed. The whole movie had a subtle yet spooky air to it. And the montage scene towards the end (70 min mark I think) is alone worth the price of purchase.

cheers!

Josh

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Just got through watching this and found it quite entertaining. Genuine scares are sadly absent, but the disturbing content I've come to expect from Dark Castle is here, though it's not as effective as in House On Haunted Hill. The opening scene and the later montage are both worth the price of admission.

As I've also come to expect for Dark Castle, this DVD is awesome! Haven't gone through the extras, yet, but the video is great and the sound is incredible. Play this one LOUD!

The film: :star::star::star:

The DVD: :star::star::star::star::star:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved this movie! Jerry, are you listening? ;)

That opening scene, mother of god!! :eek: Whomever came up with that needs some serious help, but I loved it.

This film was quite enjoyable. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
Whoa...

I thought you might find the spookiness of the ship good, but I didn't think you'd love the whole movie (John).

I'm glad you did.

The movie had a great eerie atmosphere. I couldn't help but find certain similarities with the Titanic and how the ship seems eerie during deep sea exploration.

The movie wasn't the total mess I expected it to be going in to it.

:star: :star: 1/2 (out of 5)

I thought this was going to be a ONE star movie.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
You know - after renting this supposed piece of drek..I found that I actually liked the film - bad as it is...it's nowhere the crap that is House Of 1000 Corpses.

This will be in my collection someday.

Ron, great review as always!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You guys always surprise me.

I realize our tastes our not always the same, but
you certainly are respectful to my opinion (and I
to yours), and that is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Okay - I was bored... So I watched it.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be. You wanna know something? It probably would have been a LOT better if the music throughout the thing had more closely matched the "starting" period... Especially during that flashback scene - Sheesh, what WERE they thinking when the picked the music?

Other than that, decent popcorn muncher...

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I, too, began watching this expecting a train wreck. I actually enjoyed it a fair bit. Worth the price of a rental.

Great review and screenshots, Ron! ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I borrowed this and watched it over the weekend. Once the opening scene is over, you can turn it off, it goes seriously down hill from there. Not scary, cheesy gore, bad CGI effects, bad acting. Maybe I'm missing something here, was it intentional to make it so bad? Like a spoof type horror film?

Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks