What's new

HTF in DC (1 Viewer)

John GB

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I just found this section of the forum. I don't think most members know it exists. (or maybe it's just me)
Does anyone know if there has ever been or will be any HTF meet in the Washington, DC area?
Also, are there any posts about guidelines for setting up an HTF meet? (ie. Where, when, who etc. etc.)
Thanks for any responses.
John

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
We had one around the end of last summer at Phil Hamm's place and right now Chris Lana is waiting for softball season to end (probably in June?). I was over his place several weeks back trying to be of some use in getting his wiring straightened out. We hope to have a meet in the very near future that is split between his place and mine (he is in Herndon and I am in Sterling) from a late afternoon through evening time period since my set-up in the main system would not work well in the day time.

John GB

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Phil. If I can ever get my profile changed to anable eMail, perhaps I can find out about future meets. It would be really cool if the members section had geographical breakdowns. I think it would be interesting to know how many HTF types were in my own back yard (so to speak).
------------------

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The last meet actually was posted here and was a little later than I indicated in my earlier response. If you go to the search function and select the 'Local Home Theater Meets' and search the term 'DC' it will pull up the E-Mails related to it and Phil Hamm's report.

John GB

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,
It looks like I missed a really good meet back in Jan.
I added my eMail address to my profile, so (if you remember) please notify me when you have a summer meet. (I really would have liked to have seen the TPM laserdisc demo)
I wish there were some ATF members in the Potomac area (but Northern Virginia isn't that far away).
Thanks for the info.
John
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks