What's new

HTF HD DVD REVIEW: Batman Begins (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if this hd dvd doesnt get people to buy into hd dvd ....

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I sooooooo cannot wait for this. Herb, what PJ do you have? Do you have a list of the gear you use?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Arghhh! This is in the mail from Amazon and my HT is packed up in boxes as I'm moving.
I don't know if I can bear seeing it on my kitchen counter every morning until I'm unpacked.

Great Review!:emoji_thumbsup:

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Thanks guys. You’re all in for a treat. I also spent the evening with The Polar Express and I’m presently working on The Adventures of Robin Hood. This format is really on track with some outstanding releases.

Ron,

My equipment is as follows:

Sharp XV-Z9000U DLP projector
Stewart Firehawk 96” screen with Velux trim
Lexicon MC-1 processor
Bryston 9B-ST and 4B-ST amps
MartinLogan Speakers:
- Ascents (mains)
- Cinema I (center)
- Aerius I’s (rear)
- Scripts (sides)
Paradigm Servo15 Sub
Pioneer Elite 45ai DVD player
Pioneer DV366 DVD player (moded region free)
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD player
Richard Grays 1200 Power Center
Audio Quest cables and speaker wire

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Very nice HT setup Herb! Wow. You would certainly see bothersome flaws in that rig for sure. :) Not that you would want to. ;)

Way cool. :cool:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I went to both Circuit City and Best Buy - neither had it.

I went to Target that is selling HD for the first time today and they did.

No one had Corpse Bride

Pathetic.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy doesn't have BATMAN or either of the Wonka films. I'm happy that Amazon has shipped my order! :)

Shaun

Second Unit
I too found it very difficult to find this today along with many other new releases which were scheduled to be released today. I was particularly looking for Batman Begins, Polar Express and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

I live in Omaha, NE and had to do quite a bit of leg work during my lunch hour to track these down. First, I tried Best Buy, since it's close to where I work. They didn't have it, nor did they have Polar Express or Charlie and The Chocolate Factory/Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, or Corpse Bride. They did have Army of Darkness, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Waist Deep though...oh wow, how exciting.

When I asked them why they didn't have all of the titles, they looked them up in the computer and it said they wouldn't be arriving until Thursday, 10/12. The salesman, of course, made a stupid remark, like "HD-DVD is so new, they must be starting a new release trend for Thursdays instead of Tuesdays!" Ha-ha very funny.

So after Best Buy, I tried the local Super-Target and they said they wouldn't be getting any HD-DVDs for another 3 days. Finally, I tried a regular Target and was able to find both Batman Begins and Polar Express. Though they didn't have any of the other new releases. Now I have to wait until Thursday to get Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Sure brings back memories of DVD in it's early days.

James D S

Screenwriter
Great review Herb!

I also couldn't find Batman Begins or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the local Best Buy (Austin). They did have Army of Darkness and Waist Deep, however.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
My BATMAN BEGINS HD DVD just arrived, a day earlier than the estimated arrival date. Amazon has really gotten on the ball!

Can't wait to watch this tonight.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
This is the title that will likely ge me to buy an HD-XA2. I'm hoping the XA2 will be a player with longevity.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Thanks for the review! This disc is astonishing.

Even more astonishing was that Amazon got two of this week's releases to me yesterday, two today, with one scheduled for tomorrow. Yipee!

- Steve

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Yea it is. Its amazing.

Ron I know youre a Burton fan, wait until you see Corpse Bride. Really. I swear my jaw dropped on the Underworld scene,especially with the dancing skeletons. Ive never seen colors "pop" out of my screen like that before.

Im loving it. No regrets about investing. No way.

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe
I just finished watching Batman and all I can say is I never thought a home theater experience could be this good. My audio system really got a workout with TrueHD and I cranked it up to get the maximum effect incredible. :)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
:frowning:

View or change order
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: October 18, 2006 - October 20, 2006

* 1 of: Charlie & the Chocolate Factory [HD DVD]
Sold by: Amazon.com
* 1 of: Tim Burton's Corpse Bride [HD DVD]
* 1 of: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory [HD-DVD]
* 1 of: Batman Begins [HD DVD]

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

It got me to. My first HD disc too!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

'Course now I have spoiled myself as far as going back to the earlier released HDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks