What's new

HTF Fantasy Baseball League (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
No..should still be OAR...John? Make sure it's all caps (or vice versa...not sure which one).

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I sent Phillip a msg with the new pw.

- looks like he got in. Now sittng at 16 teams and set up as a H2H league.

Please no one drop again at the last minute.

One more thing; got an email from the guy who dropped. Basically states that his friend got in a car accident and he called a friend, gave him his ID & PW so that he could drop out - he thought it would help out. Grrrr...

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
One more thing; got an email from the guy who dropped. Basically states that his friend got in a car accident and he called a friend, gave him his ID & PW so that he could drop out - he thought it would help out. Grrrr...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Lame. I don't know how dropping out of a league at the last minute could possibly "help out".

It looks like we're good to go for Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just so no one has a stroke. I changed my team name from "Terminators" to "Red October". See you guys at 10:50pm est tomorrow night(03/13/2003)

Peace--Joe

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yes - the draft is still on for tomorrow night @ 9:50 CST / 10:50 EST.

(Just in case, I went ahead and set my rankings...)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I'm totally geeked for this draft. I hope everyone shows up and I get a pick in the top 4.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
I've got a few holes, as I'm sure is true with everybody. But overall, I'm very happy with my team. The sluggers I got also steal (Guerrero, P Wilson, Wells, Hinske) and I got a bonifide basestealer (Castillo). Two stud pitchers (Hudson and Wood) and two decent closers (Jiminez and Williamson).
My holes are:
question mark with Aurilia at SS. Could be a 30hr guy or could be a stiff
2nd tier starters are a little weak with Moss, Lidle, and Perez.
Let the games begin!!:D

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I really like my team, but only if some players contribute that I do not expect to.

Especially strong at SP with Wade Miller, Clemens and Prior. Like my young arms with Lackey and Fossum and Myers too. I always punt saves in leagues this big, so closers for me are a non-issue.

I think I have arguably the strongest infield in the league with Pujols, Rollins, Kent and Sweeney. I may need to dump Edgar for catcher help if Lieberthal can't make opening day. I have my eye on two guys I can replace him with if need be.

My OF is definately my weak link, but I am hoping for a rebound year from Dye, more of the same from Garcia and hoping the new environment for Cruz Jr. will return him to productivity.

Overall I feel pretty competitive with any team in the league. I would be a juggernaut if not for Tim Markley!!! He stole at least 5 guys I wanted in this draft one spot before or one spot after me every time.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Overall I feel pretty competitive with any team in the league. I would be a juggernaut if not for Tim Markley!!! He stole at least 5 guys I wanted in this draft one spot before or one spot after me every time.
That'll teach you to steal Pujols from a die-hard Cards fan in the first round! :D

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm reasonably happy with my top 5 draft picks. My infield is very solid Klesko, EYoung, Tejada, Glaus. I'm super happy with my pitchers and how they are fareing this spring. Zito, Buehrle, Glavine, Dessens, Tomko, CZambrano, Dreifort. I am weak on closers, and Karsay was just a big fat mistake. I don't know what happened there, obviously I was not prepared. I'm more comfortable with Sean Casey on my bench than an injured Karsay whose role will be reduced this year. After all it was only a couple years ago when Casey was among the top tier first basemen available. I hope he can return to his 2000 numbers.

Obviously, my OF is my biggest problem with my lineup. I was not happy with any of Stewart, Cameron, Nixon and hope to remedy that with the odd hot streak.

I think Joe Crede could be a 35 homer guy this year and am satisfied with him at my utility position.

I may have jumped the gun in dropping Hudson for Thurston, but any Joe Th-r--------- name in fantasy sports has got to be a good thing, right? (Joe Thornton?!) But it is my bench and it matters not.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think I fared in my 12 team league?
Hall, Bagwell, Vidro, Hinske, Tejada, Gurrero, Abreu, Williams (looking to trade him now), Damon, Wilson, Durazo, Blaylock, EYoung, Vazquez, Clement, Park, Myers, Peavy, Vilafuerte, Julio.

I'm looking to trade Bernie Williams now for a stud SP obviously, where I am weak.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I am prety happy with my team. My one weakness seems to be HR/RBI, but if Ramirez stays healthy all year and Sexson returns to past form I should be OK. Hopefully Mo Vaughn bounces back this year and boosts my power numbers a bit as well. I have Pierre and Ichiro in the outfield which does little for power but will do wonders in Runs, SB, and average (at least Ichiro). Womack at SS, Varitek at C, and Walker at 2B are merely serviceable. Lowell at third base should be decent, and hopefully he puts two halfs together this season.

Pitching should be quite decent with Johnson, Garcia, and Padilla my three top starters and Williams and Stewart my closers.

This is the first year I have played head to head, so I am interested in seeing how it turns out. I don't think my team is going to win it all, but if the proper guys get hot each week I could have a nice run.

J

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Justin, watch Garcia carefully. I had him in another league last year and he struggled mightily after the all-star break and he's getting lit up this spring.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
For those hanging around the HTF After Hours lounge who woke up this morning wondering who the champ was.
It's me!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks