What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Nov/Dec 2015 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Joined
Jul 3, 1997
Messages
57,967
Real Name
Ronald Epstein


EXCLUSIVE TWILIGHT TIME ANNOUNCEMENT

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these November/December Announcements. Enjoy!

If you see these titles posted elsewhere within the hour without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!


father.jpeg





SCORPIO (1973) BLU-RAY - Nov 10th

SHADOWS AND FOG (1991) BLU-RAY - Nov 10th

BROKEN LANCE (1954) BLU-RAY - Nov 10th

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995) BLU-RAY - Nov 10th

FATHERLAND (1986) BLU-RAY - Nov 10th

BORN FREE (1966) BLU-RAY - Dec 8th

NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR (1984) BLU-RAY - Dec 8th

KINGS GO FORTH (1958) BLU-RAY - Dec 8th

THE DETECTIVE (1968) BLU-RAY - Dec 8th

MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1961) BLU-RAY - Dec 8th

CAPTAIN HARLOCK SPACE PIRATE (2013) BLU-RAY (3D / 2D) - Dec 8th
 

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
79
Real Name
Even
Somebody on this forum speculated in Sinatra films coming to Twilight and they were right! :)


I'm in for Broken Lance, Kings Go Forth, The Detective & Born Free.

It will be expensive!
 

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
1,321
Location
Canada
Real Name
NICK
Sense and Sensibility, like TT's previous reissue of The Remains of the Day has long been available in Europe from Sony in region free discs that will play anywhere in the world. Sure wish we could get Sony to give us 1994's Little Women - a classic MIA all over the world and one definitely worthy of a release. Was sort of hoping Anastasia (1956) was going to be among these, especially given the list of 'potentials' from Mr. Finn on the "Hi, From Fox" thread here. Oh well. Lots of goodies here and sure to please.
 

Konstantinos

Screenwriter
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
1,904
Real Name
Konstantinos
Nick*Z said:
Sense and Sensibility, like TT's previous reissue of The Remains of the Day has long been available in Europe from Sony in region free discs that will play anywhere in the world. Sure wish we could get Sony to give us 1994's Little Women - a classic MIA all over the world and one definitely worthy of a release. Was sort of hoping Anastasia (1956) was going to be among these, especially given the list of 'potentials' from Mr. Finn on the "Hi, From Fox" thread here. Oh well. Lots of goodies here and sure to please.
Yes, I understand, but I assume the TT Bluray will have an isolated score for which I'm interested (and maybe an audio commentary too?).


Also, it seems you don't know about the release of Little Women?

It's coming in October by Sony themselves! ;)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=264449


By the way, I assume Mysterious Island will be an exact re-issue, or will it have something new?

(new transfer, extras?)
 

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
124
Location
Warrington, PA
Real Name
Jay Auritt
Pretty disappointing list, IMO. I already have Mysterious Island, and there's nothing else that really is worth the TT premium price. After I purchase At Close Range, I guess I'll have to wait for 2016 for something else from them to look forward to.
 

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Moderator
Patron
Joined
Dec 9, 1998
Messages
52,327
Location
Michigan
Real Name
Robert
jauritt said:
Pretty disappointing list, IMO. I already have Mysterious Island, and there's nothing else that really is worth the TT premium price. After I purchase At Close Range, I guess I'll have to wait for 2016 for something else from them to look forward to.
I'm sorry for you, but I see six of these titles I want in my video collection.
 

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
5,447
Location
Florida
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Is this the same Mysterious Island that they released before or an upgrade from 4K elements like JTTCOTE?
 

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
1,666
Real Name
David
moviefanatic1979 said:
Somebody on this forum speculated in Sinatra films coming to Twilight and they were right! :)


I'm in for Broken Lance, Kings Go Forth, The Detective & Born Free.

It will be expensive!
Me ! :)


I hope for more Sinatra Lady in Cement and Not As A Stranger :)


This has a list of some movies that I would love to watch since Im not too familiar with them. Im always happy to watch something new !
 

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
1,761
Location
MPLS, MN
Real Name
Jack
Wow No Love for Scorpio it isn't a great film but Burt Lancaster and Alain Delon and a score from Jerry Fielding. I hope this one gets a commentary track.
 

jauritt

Stunt Coordinator
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
124
Location
Warrington, PA
Real Name
Jay Auritt
Robert Crawford said:
I'm sorry for you, but I see six of these titles I want in my video collection.

I knew I might be in the minority, that's why I added the "IMO" which I don't usually bother with. However, again IMO, there are no great titles in the list, maybe 1 "good" one (Sense and Sensibility), numerous that are mediocre at best, and a few that are downright crap (e.g, The Detective). If you think there are 6 that you want in your video collection, then IMO you're not raising the quality level of that collection very much.


Respectfully, IMO!
 

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
3,760
Location
London
Real Name
Alan
I bet Mysterious Island isn't as expensive as the first issue, ouch, the most expensive Blu I've bought (I think The Egyptian was expensive as well). If it's just a straight re-release, fine, it should be available, it's one of the two best Harryhausen films (along with Jason), & a smashing looking transfer.
 

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
551
Real Name
BRAD
I would imagine Mysterious Island will have a new 4k remaster. Seems like almost everything they have given TT lately has been 4k.
 

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
5,890
Real Name
Robin
Broken Lance, Kings Go Forth and The Detective definitely and probably Scorpio as well.


I seem to recall that the DVD of Kings Go Forth showed the film in the wrong aspect ratio. I take it for granted that Twilight Time will insist the transfer they are given is in the correct aspect ratio.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
346,846
Messages
4,792,939
Members
141,919
Latest member
jjjj72
Top