What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Twilight Zone Season 1 Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
FYI: I wrote to Image about 3 weeks ago and just received e-mail confirmation that the new disc 4 is being shipped. The cool thing: I live in Germany. :) So they're honoring international customers as well.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
While it may be a bit risky since DD has not had the best reputation of late, TZ S1 and S2 BR's are on sale as a B1G1 Free deal that comes out to just under $40 a season shiipped.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'd begun to wonder if I wouldn't ever see the day, but as I've posted elsewhere, I bought Seasons 1, 2, & 3 yesterday at Costco (for the "right" price, $44.95 each), and they are gorgeous. Naturally, I was concerned about Season 1 having the corrected discs, but the back of the slipcover has the additional number that someone very helpfully posted (Season 2 has one, too), and discs 1 and 4 have so far loaded and played just fine. I remembered "The Big Tall Wish" as the episode with the most notorious problems, and I was so delighted to see it play beautifully all the way through.

Player is a Panasonic DMP-BDT107 which was one of those bundled with the 3D screens last fall, and I'd updated the firmware a couple of months ago. Happy and relieved.

And in case anyone from Image has been following along here: Thank you. These are a gorgeous piece of work.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
I'd begun to wonder if I wouldn't ever see the day, but as I've posted elsewhere, I bought Seasons 1, 2, & 3 yesterday at Costco (for the "right" price, $44.95 each), and they are gorgeous. Naturally, I was concerned about Season 1 having the corrected discs, but the back of the slipcover has the additional number that someone very helpfully posted (Season 2 has one, too), and discs 1 and 4 have so far loaded and played just fine. I remembered "The Big Tall Wish" as the episode with the most notorious problems, and I was so delighted to see it play beautifully all the way through.

Player is a Panasonic DMP-BDT107 which was one of those bundled with the 3D screens last fall, and I'd updated the firmware a couple of months ago. Happy and relieved.
I got my copies of S1 and S2 through the DD sale. I'm almost through S1 disk 4 with no issues on my Oppo player that hasn't had a firmware upgrad since I bought it about 14 months ago.

While my Costco has copies of S1 and S2 i found no S3 available. Hopefully they aren't all out yet and I will have a chance to snag one.

BTW, How do you check for the corrected disk number?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
The numbers on the case that I'm referring to were illustrated by AtticusUK (Phil) in response #270 in this thread.

edior

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
Hello,
I have been reading al about the disc problem with this set and i also have the same problem. I bought mine with Amazon and have had two replacements sets and still did not work.. Now i have been raeding here about the replacement disc from Image but i stiil have not heard anything from them. Can anyone give me the right email adres so i can hopefully aks for a new dics number 4.I have sned my request to image to the GENERAL INQUIRIES department.

I respond to this because i saw someone from Germany also received a new disc.

Hopefully you guys can help me, someone from the Netherlands, with the email, or person..

edior

Auditioning
Real Name
ed
Thx.. :) I will do that and let you know the response.

update friday: i received a mail that they will send me a new disc. Hopefully it will arrive soon...

Update april 6 (almost two weeks later, so that was oke) : today the new disc arrived, and it works :)
Thx for all the info overhere

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone not been able to find The Twilight Zone at Costco? I checked two of them about a week and a half ago and both had no TZ Blu-rays (and a very small selection of Blu-rays). Anyway, I'm wondering if I just live near two crummy Costcos that don't have that large of a selection or if it just wasn't in stock at those two locations yet.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
My Costco in Frederick, MD has seasons 1 - 3 of Twilight Zone on BR. They've been there for about two or three weeks.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by smithb
My Costco in Frederick, MD has seasons 1 - 3 of Twilight Zone on BR. They've been there for about two or three weeks.
Ditto, in San Antonio, Tx

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I checked the two stores near me in suburban Philadelphia, PA (the next closest stores are one in New Jersey and another in Delaware) and they had nothing. Fortunately, one of the stores that I've already checked isn't even ten minutes away so I'll hit them up tomorrow to see if it's on their shelves yet.

Phoebus

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Walker
Thankfully, for those Zone B folk previously unable to buy these sets, Twilight Zone Bluray is being released very shortly in UK:

Season One - May 2nd
Season Two - May 16th
Season Three - June 27th

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Congrates Brad!

In your earlier post before you edited it, you asked how if the sets they have now are still defective. Not sure if it helps, but if you look at post #270, another member posted an image of the box with the good discs and there is a new number on that set. Check it out. When your set arrives, if it's got that number, its a good bet you're okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks