What's new

HT setup questions... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Vickers

Auditioning
Im moving into a new house soon. We used to live in a town home and I had the perfect "cube" for surround sound... now that isn the case, but one way, it has to work. Please visit the link below...

My main concern are my surround speakers... i can switch them between di-pole and bi-pole. If they aren't side-wall mounted (like I used to have them) I dont see how the sound is going to travel right.... because the speaker placement would have the full range speakers pointing outward, away from your ears.. Does that make sense?

My third design I think will "contain" the sound the best, but Im still not sure....

Let me know what you guys think, and please give me any info or ideas....

Thanks,
Andrew

Since I am a new member, the forum isnt allowing me to post a URL with my pics/design ideas, so I will try and put the link in here somehow, otherwise please feel free to email me, and i could email the link back to you... thanks!

hamreproductions
com
/hometheather
html

and yes... hometheater should be spelled "hometheather" in the link.

[email protected]

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,

I believe that your second rendering would be your best bet, unless you have a way to blockout the window. To truly know the differences in the sound your rears have, you must try them both (bi-di) with the same materiel, and select the one that sounds the best to you, also they are designed to disperse the sound and make for a large rear stage. You have the makings of a very nice theater started. If you have further questions, ask away :)

Andrew Vickers

Auditioning
the 2nd! Really? (Im wondering if you meant the first sketch, because Im not sure what you mean by "unless you have a way to block out the window")Dont you think too much sound will get lost of the left side? Also, the placement of the surround speakers, shouldnt I have the full rage side of the speakers pointed towards my ears. The speakers are labeled R and L, but it just doesnt seem right that when placed on a wall behind me for the full range speakers to facing away from my ears... One last thing on the 2nd sketch, isnt the right surround too close to the side wall, or no?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks