What's new

HT Pics + What should I upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Alright, finally got a little page up with a few HT Pics - Link Removed. For those of you that didn't know, I'm a poor college student at Purdue University...the HT is in my apartment.
What I really want though, is some advice on what I should upgrade this summer. I was originally thinking a 6.1 reciever, but looking at the dimensions of my room (on the website as room overview), I think my room is really too small to notice much of a difference. I'm not looking to spend much money...but I'm open to suggestions.
Thanx guys!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Crap...permissions are messed up, lemme try to fix it, and I'll post when it's fixed.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay...tell me if it works now.

Damn Purdue servers mess with permissions every time I update something.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
That's not a bd setup for a small apartment and for someone in college. Let me ask you, what is more important to you, audio or video?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I'd say furniture. The stuff you have looks fine to me, maybe a bigger sub, but the furniture would be on my short list. I'm not dissin'...

- CM

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree with the furniture recommendation ;), in fact...my POS couch has broken (yes...crappy couches do break) 2 times!
Right now I'm actually considering video more than audio. I would get a bigger, better sub, but living in an apartment forbids me from really cranking up the bass.

Darren H

Second Unit
Matt, one quick suggestion for your site: save your blueprint image as a GIF. That Bitmap you have up there now is 900kb. A two-color (black and white) GIF version would reduce it to 3kb.

If you don't have any software for this, give me your e-mail address and I'll send the GIF to you.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Personally, I think what you have will be just fine...If it was me, I would save up somemoney for when you move out:)
The Take 5's are pretty nice for a micro sat...I actually owned a pair..well, still do, but I upgraded (click on my system). you don't really have room for larger surround speakers, so I would keep the take f'5.
The TV is the right size (IMO) and it is already flat screen. I suppose you could get a wide screen HD TV..but that is a serious investment.
I think your comment on the 5.1 is dead on.
I don't know much about the DVD player, but if it can read DD,DTS,CDR's, then you are doing fine there too.
The sub is pretty weak in the low end. The XL8 is pretty good for 30 and up..so IIWY, I would upgrade the sub. I know you are in an aparment, but a sub upgrade doesn't always mean louder...in your case, lower!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks