What's new

How's dvdempire.com? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about buying some titles at dvdempire.com. I just wanted to know how they were on returns, service, shipping prices and such. I went to dvdpricesearch.com and they had a *** rating for it whereas DDD had ****1/2. I just wanted to know from the people that use it how it actually is.

~Kevin

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moving this to Retail and Wholesale Vendor Feedback, which is where ALL inquiries about etailers and any other vendors should be posted.
M.

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
I have no complaints with them whatsoever. I usually receive new releases on the day before and if you do have any problems, they have an excellent customer service department...from my experiences;)

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I purchase all my DVDs from them. In my book they are one of best e-tailers out there. I highly recommend.:star: :star: :star: :star:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
They are an excellant online retailer & my main source of DVDs. Their shipping charges can be a bit high at times, especially if you want quick delivery. Try DeepDiscountDVD

which offers free standard mail delivery if high S&H charges bother you.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Virtually all my online DVD buying is through them. They offer media mail service which is dirt cheap. Free on adult titles. Order an adult title and the shipping on a non-adult title is 35 cents.

I'm in SC and media mail has never taken over 6 days-usually 5 days. I can't complain about that.

Well-packaged orders.

I've NO complaints

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Dvdempire gets about $200 a month from me, sometimes more. They're so great that I don't mind paying tax to use them. Compared to reel, dvdexpress and even DDD, they're the best. Their customer service is also top notch, both by phone and email.
I also like their preorder listings and such. Just realized the other day that they also cary video games, which is going to be dangerous :)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I like DVD Empire a lot. I have been using them lately for all my purchases. Fast shipping, fast and well-designed web site, good service, well-stocked inventory and good prices are a few of the reasons I like them.

I've ordered from Deep Discount DVD a few times and frankly it just takes them too long to ship. Also, their web is way behind the times in terms of features and functionality.

DVD Planet is good, too, but they also lack many of the features on their web site that DVD Empire has. They have great prices, especially on Criterion releases. I've received poor service a couple of times, but other times the service is stellar. Just depends on which CSR you get, I guess. The main reason I stopped buying from them is their web site is too slow. It makes shopping frustrating and time-consuming. I'm looking forward to trying them again when their web site is faster and more functional.

DVD Planet and DVD Empire are both really fast shippers. If I place an order on Friday for DVDs that come out the following Tuesday, they will almost always be on my doorstep on Monday if I use USPS Priority (I think UPS sucks and never use them anymore unless I have no choice).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I use DVD Empire and Deep Discount DVD for almost all my online ordering. Empire has a great website for managing pre-orders, where you can easily check order status, combine orders, add/delete individual items from an order, change shipping method, etc. I will usually bundle several items together on a single order to save shipping costs.

For single item purchases or items where I do not care if it takes a little longer to receive the item, I will use Deep Discount.

Both sites have provided excellent customer service for any issues that I needed resolved.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I would definetly recommend DVD Empire. The have great service, orders are well packaged and shipped promptly (pre-oreders usally on the Thursday or Friday before street date, in-stock usually the next day).

I have seen Deep Discount DVD mentioned in this thread. I had been ordering from them for a bit, but due to a recent customer service incident that was handled very poorly, I will be giving them very little business in the future.

DDD usually ships promptly (Thursday before street date for pre-orders and on the next day for in-stock). However, the free shipping usually takes two weeks to arrive. The discs are also not packed nearly as well, which I would guess is the reason for a higher rattler rate.

Also, don't select any paid shipping method with DDD unless you don't care that there is a good chance that only a single title in the order will be shipped via that method.

Maybe when they have a "ship complete" option, I will consider using them again, and if they hadn't handled the last incident so poorly, I would still use them for orders for which I don't care much about quick arrival. But mostly due to recent incidents, I can't give a good recommendation to DDD, nor will they get much of my business in the future.

LisaH

Stunt Coordinator
I like them too - I use them as my main online source (unless I find a really good deal elsewhere) They're very prompt and use USPS which, to me, is infinitely preferable to UPS.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I use them exclusively (though being in NZ my options are limited somewhat) and they are great, and have excellent customer service.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
A big :emoji_thumbsup: from me. If I don't get a DVD at loss-leader prices in-state (from BB or CC) I will generally either drive down to my friend's house (who lives near the B&M of dvdplanet.com) or order from dvdempire.
I've had nothing but great service from dvdempire when I've ordered. Cheap shipping, competitive prices, and by far the timeliest service I've had from ANY online retailer for ANY product.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Ever since DVD Express went belly-up, I've ordered from Empire, and have NEVER been disappointed. I have switched to dvdplanet for Criterions, though.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Another :emoji_thumbsup: for DVDEmpire. Their Pre-Order Manager is AWESOME - the model for the industry.
Like many others here, I also use DVD Planet (best prices on Criterions) & Deep Discount DVD (often have good deals on box sets). All three of these have given me great service with no problems whatsoever. I'm happy to send my money to all three of these merchants! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks