What's new

How to use wireless headphones (1 Viewer)

Jeff TC

Grip
I just installed a Sony 27-inch TV in the bedroom, and for this setup I want to keep it as simple and as cheap as possible -- there is a DVD player, but I do not want to add a receiver. I want to use wireless headphones with this setup, but there are no headphone jacks, so the Sennheisers I have won't work. I see some wireless headphones that say they connect to a headphone and RCA jacks. Does that mean I could run L and R audio cables from the audio outputs on the TV to the headphone base, and then listen to whatever is on the TV (programming, DVD, etc.)?

Thanks very much for any suggestions!

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Yes, you could also go to Radio Shack and get an RCA to headphone jack adapter: (3.5mm input jack to two RCA plugs)

Jeff TC

Grip
Hey, thanks for the post. I appreciate the info. But I am wondering then is if I could simply use such an adaptor with my Sennheiser transmitter... run the RCA L/R outputs from the TV into the adaptor, then plug the adapter into the transmitter?

Then I wouldn't have to spring for new headphones.

Thanks.

Jeff TC

Grip
I have found the solution... I discovered I had an RCA adapter, plugged L/R into the outputs of the TV, plugged the mini-jack end into the Sennheiser transmitter cord and bingo -- sound from the TV.

It's rare that it happens, but it's always nice to discover a cheap, easy solution to something like this.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I think thats the adaptor Jeff peterson was tellin you bout jeff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks