What's new

how to get tv inside the house? (1 Viewer)

Sumir B

Agent
I am pretty much decided on buying a toshiba 57hdx82, but what i would like to know is how is it going to get inside the house? what if it is just to big to fit into the door?

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I hate sliding glass doors. We have one and it's a piece of crap. I gotta put dish soap on the track about every 2 weeks so it'll open easy. Other times, if I don't lubricate the track, I have to put ALL MY STRENGTH into opening that bastard. They got something similar to a sliding glass door, but it opens like a door and doesn't slide on a track. And the opening should be just as wide as a sliding glass door.

Sumir B

Agent
Well we do have a sliding glass door, but... it's on the back of the house! The website I plan to order from has curbside delivery only. Toshiba lists the tv's weight as 250lb. This should not be a problem unless the TV box is unwieldy. I guess I will have to get some people to help me.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Well getting my 65" in the house was no problem, I think you'll definately have to take it outta the box though.
Getting it into the basement though was a true adventure, which included sawing the top of the doorway out, turning the tv on it's side, and having at least 3 people help me get it down there.
I'm sure you'll have fun too:D

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Sumir,

The Tosh's depth is less than 24", which means it'll fit through any normal door. The delivery guys will most likely be willing to unpack the TV and move it into your house for a $20 or so tip. It'll definitely take two people.

A first-floor installation shouldn't be hard. Upstairs or downstairs can be a real problem since stairways are narrow and contain angles; basements often have problems with the overhead clearance as you go down the stairs.

Good luck and good viewing!

Jan

Michael Silla

Second Unit
The folks delivering my 53 inch widescreen set had to take it out of the box. Lucky or me (actually them ;) ) I have a basement door entrance into my home.
Michael.

Sumir B

Agent
Well guys I have taken the plunge! Toshiba 65hdx82! Now I just have to wait for it to get here! I know the 65 is larger but oh well!

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Good job Sumir. You'll be glad you went bigger. I honestly wish that I bought a 65incher (I sit about 10 feet away from my set). In all too short of a time my 53' "shrank" in dimensions. Coming from a 27inch Trintron tube I should be happy I guess :rolleyes:
Michael.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Micheal, dont kick yourself too hard, my 65" has shrank also. Waiting for the day of the 8' wide screen to appear in it's greatness.(hopefully it wont shrink too)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I have a RPTV now, it shrank. I'm saying when I do get a FP I hope it doesn't shrink too.

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry man, 8 ft shrinks too. But fortunately, all you have to do is go to an electronics store, find their big screens and say to your self "self, if I had 4 of these and stacked them up, then it would be as big as my screen" and that expands it right back out :D

Sumir B

Agent
Hey guys is there anyway to order an hdx82 series tv from onecall over the phone? Some people over at hometheaterspot.com said to ask for Jason. I did try calling before and oneperson said I could order it, but when I called again they said no you cannot. This forced me to look somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks