What's new

How to get 65" Toshiba in basement? (1 Viewer)

Jim Rykel

Agent
Not sure if this is where my post belongs or not..
I'm currently finishing my basement and was wondering if anyone had any advice for getting my Toshiba 65HDX82 downstairs. I thought I had read that the TV could be separated into 2 pieces. Anybody had any experience with this - any advice?

Jim

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

In the past ... I have seen people saw their TV in half ...

as well as cut a hole in the floor and lower the TV down into the basement.

Regards

George Balzer

Auditioning
I bought a 55" Smasung a few months back and knew it was gonna be a tight squeeze. Too tight actually. If you can believe it, I took the stairs out (only have treads, no risers!) and lower it through the new opening. Only took an hour or so to nail the stairs back togeathor and they don't squeek like they used too.

If we ever decide to sell the house, the widescreen goes with it.:)

Jim Rykel

Agent
Cutting the treads might be my last resort. I might be able to tip the TV on it's side and maneuver it down, but what type of problems do I induce by doing this? Is this something I definitely shouldn't do? Anyone know for sure if it does or doesn't separate into two pieces? - I'd rather not saw it in half!

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
You should have no problem with 2 people. My Mits 65807 came with instructions on how to separate the top and bottom and it was quite easy. In fact, it was apart, moved to my basement and reassembled in about 15 minutes. And it actually worked when we turned it on!!

Kyle P

Grip
The 65" Toshiba is made to be delivered in two pieces. I am sure with a little knowhow you would be able to split it in half move it and reassmble it. I am having the men who delivered my 57" move it for me after I saw how much fun they had bringing it up two flights of stairs.

Jim Rykel

Agent
Thanks guys. I'd hate to have my basement HT finished with no TV to watch - although I could use that excuse to tell my wife we need to buy a big 'ol plasma!

Jim Rykel

Agent
Well - after a little investigation it seems it doesn't come apart. I called a service center, then located the service manual online. I can disassemble it; remove the grill, control panel, screen - maybe even the light box. The cabinet will be left, which I assume would be much more maneuverable. Anybody done this? Should I pay a coouple hundred bucks to the pros to come do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks