What's new

How To Clean Your Filter Screens - Infocus Screenplay 4805! (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
Found this over at AVS for you guys who are approching your 1st cleaning, below are some great directions to follow. This guy did a great job on explaining this, and it's great for newbies.

* InFocus recommends cleaning the lamp housing filter screens every 200 to 250 hours. *

"While this may sound like a daunting task, it is actually quite simple.

Here's the InFocus instructions (mildly edited, with photos added) on how to perform this routine maintenance task:

Cleaning the Lamp Housing Filter Screens

In dirty or dusty environments, the two dust filter screens in the lamp housing can become clogged, causing high temperatures and premature lamp failure. Routine maintenance to remove dust from the filters lowers the lamp operating temperature and prolongs lamp life.

- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.

- Wait 30 minutes to allow the projector to cool thoroughly.

- Turn the projector on its side so that the lamp door is facing you. Using a small flat-blade screwdriver, gently pry the lamp door from the projector by placing the screwdriver blade into the two slots between the top of the lamp door and the projector

- Loosen the two captive screws that attach the lamp housing to the projector.

- Detach the lamp power connector from the projector by depressing the locking tab on the connector and lightly pulling it free.

WARNING:
To avoid burns when handling the lamp housing, be sure you have allowed the projector to cool for at least 30 minutes. Do not drop the lamp housing or touch the glass bulb! The glass may shatter and cause injury.

- Carefully remove the lamp housing.

- Examine the dust filter screens on either side of the lamp housing. If they are dirty, use a vacuum cleaner set on low power to clean the two screens. Be careful not to disturb any internal components when cleaning the screens.

- Replace the lamp housing and tighten the screws.

- Re-attach the lamp connector to the projector. The locking tab should engage when the connector is fully plugged in.

- Replace the lamp door.

- Plug in the power cord and toggle the Power switch to turn the projector back on.

It's that easy! So do not neglect this routine maintenance, or you risk seriously shortening your lamp life."

-----------------------------------------------------------

To cheat a little on cleaning after the 4805 has cooled down, i shut it off manually. The fan runs 24/7 to keep the power supply cool, although you can not really hear it. By doing a hard shut down this keeps the pj from sucking in dust when not in use. I notice a big difference between (dust build up) cleanings vs pj off and on standby mode.

Hope this helps and yes it really is that easy!

Dan Stone

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for posting this, as I had missed it at AVS. Looks to be very helpful, and is much appreciated!

terence

Supporting Actor
No problem!

It is soooooo much info on the 4805 over there it can be over whelming looking for the major info. Also some guys really get sick of answering the same questions over and over.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I recently did my first cleaning @ 248 hours. It really is quite simple, I think I was done quicker than it took me to read that post. :) Fwiw, I found my filters very clean, so my room must be fairly dust-free.

Folks...this is the best HT purchase you can make (yes...better than a new sub!)...don't hesitate!

terence

Supporting Actor

Man that’s a close one, but yes it will change your life by taking your HT experience to the next level!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Gulp. I've put a few hundred hours on my 4805 (estimating ~600, I'll check when I get home), and never got around to cleaning it :b... I'll be doing that this weekend, pronto.

--
H

Jayar

Auditioning
Real Name
Julian
Anyone know of any similar instructions for the Infocus IN72/74ex/76 range of projectors that have superseded the 4805?

Cant seem to find anything beyond the users manuals/guides and/or replacing the bulb info, which ive now done and given it a good air clean to blow out as much dust as possible, but havent found anything like a dust filter.

I need to get the big moving 'hair' out of the picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks