What's new

How to adjust the verticle height of my panny pt53x53 RPTV (1 Viewer)

brianflick

Auditioning
Real Name
brian flick
I have a Panasonic 53" widesreen 1080i/480p rear projection tv and it seems like wheile playing certain xbox 360 games...the bottom of the screen is cutoff. An example, while playing UFC 2010 Undisputed, the health bars are located at the bottom of the screen, but you can't read them because the screens too low. On the old fashion TVs there were knobs you could turn to raise/lower or bring the picture left/right but theres nothing on this TV. When I go into the on screen menu, theres no adjustment either. There are other games or even movies that may have subtitles at the very bottom of the screen but I can't read them .

There has to be an adjustment for this? My operators manual says nothing about it but I don't have a repair manual. Is there an adjustment when you remove the rear panel?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you will have to adjust the overscan controls.

Overscan is needed on the old crt displays. You are asking for a world of problems (if not TV failure).

Convergence will need to be redone, geometry will be messed up etc etc

brianflick

Auditioning
Real Name
brian flick
So are you saying I shouldn't be concerned or try to fix this? I figured there was an adjustment inside to raise the projected image up a bit but I guess theres more involved. This is a rear projection tv and to me it seemed as if the angle of the projection wasn't high enough but maybe that just shows my ignorance. I suppose I will just have to put up with ituntil I can afford my Panny plasma.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I would say do not try to fix this.

you are asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks