What's new

How much longer? Sucker Punch release date. (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Seriously, this film tanked at the box office and yet it is one of my all-time favorites. The Blu-ray should have been announced by now, how much longer? I'm dying to own this.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I was surprised by how quickly this disappeared from theaters. The critics really took it to task, and I guess it scared away the potential audience. I wanted to see it in a decent theater, but it was gone after two weekends around here. I decided to just save the money and put it towards the Blu-ray. I hope I won't have to wait too long.

- Mark

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I saw it twice in the theater, in one of those XD type, a mini IMAX I guess you could call it. Fantastic film, easily my top favorite now.

I for sure thought we'd have a Blu-ray announcement by now considering how poorly it did in the BO and how fast it disappeared. Seems it's taking a bit longer then normal. I just cannot wait to get my hands on this as the DC is 18 minutes longer.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd like to have seen it, but it never made it into the theatre where I live.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Sucker Punch was a movie where I liked what I saw but it felt like the movie had been completely gutted by the time it hit theaters. That said I'm surprised the DC is only 18 minutes longer. As incoherent as the theatrical cut was, I felt sure they'd cut out an hour or more and was looking forward to seeing the "real" movie on Blu-Ray. Here's hoping at least the musical numbers are reinstated. Oh, and the plot too.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Ron - Looks like you won't have to wait too much longer - Digitalbits is reporting a release date of 6/28 - no specs yet though.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to the BD. Went to see this blind at the insistence of a friend, and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss

Ron - Looks like you won't have to wait too much longer - Digitalbits is reporting a release date of 6/28 - no specs yet though.

Oh man, that would be awesome. My entire theater is being renovated with a Sucker Punch theme. The Lord of the Rings theme has finally lost out.

I have the book "The Art of the Film" on display, a magazine, a poster on the back wall for some of the simple stuff. But, the real treasure is on it's way, Baby Dolls Katana sword, it should arrive in a couple of weeks. Oh, and of course, this little beauty I've been working on...

Just a bit of painting and it'll be an exact replica of Baby Dolls.

So cannot wait for this Blu-ray, thanks Neil!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks