What's new

How many hours do you sleep per night/day? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Like most people...5 to 6 hours a night. I agree with Mitty, though. You really should get 8 hours a night. At work, when I do get the odd 8 hour night, I am so much more aware and active. You wouldn't think an extra hour or two would make so much of a difference, but it does.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I usually get around six hours during the weekd. I'd like more, but I have to get up by seven for class and I'm a night owl who can't go to bed until midnight at the earliest. Besides, late at night is when I do my best work, or, if I don't have any papers to write, when I do most of my critical listening, as that's when my audio system sounds the best. On weekends I go to bed later and sleep into the late morning or early afternoon. This is usually 10 or more hours of sleep, and I feel well rested. Once in a while I'll take naps during the week before afternoon or evening classes. Sometimes I feel rested after these, but sometimes I feel more tired!
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"
[Edited last by Justin Doring on October 08, 2001 at 11:40 PM]

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
8 hours of sleep, 8 more hours to wake the hell up, and another 8 hours of wishing it was bedtime again.
:)
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
On a normal weekday, about 7.5 hours.
On the weekend, somewhere around 9 hours.
------------------
Tim Maynard
"Your Village called! Their Idiot is missing!"

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Not much after drinking about seven to ten cups per day of my own mud thick teeth clattering premium Columbian blend of coffee!
crazy.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I usually get by on 6-7 hours of sleep, but sometimes it's 5-6 hours. But I will say that I don't have too much problem getting to sleep, like some of my friends who are in bed for 7-8 hours, but don't get the nice REM sleep that I know I'm getting. :)

Martin G

Second Unit
3 to 4 hours on the weekdays, with an hour long nap during the day.
12 hours on the weekends.

Roland G

Stunt Coordinator
i got used to 4 hours or less sleep per night...
i get up at 6:45....i know...i should sleep more..but i love the night...but i am tired as hell and collapse once in a while...

DennisHP

Second Unit
For those of you who have problems sleeping, read Stephen King's "Insomnia". It won't help you sleep but it will give you something to do while you're awake. Excellent book if you like SK.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I get about 6 hours weekdays and 9 on weekends.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
< 5 hours on days in the week, approx. 7-8 hours on days in the weekend.
Cees

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I'm one of those people who really likes to stay up late, and sleep late too. However, my job doesn't allow that luxury, which means I end up depriving myself of precious sleep (like right now! 12:33 am and I should be asleep). So, I usually wind up with 5 to 6 hours per night, and a little more on the weekend, when I try to recharge the batteries.
------------------
Scott

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i'm the worst sleeper in the world...i'm usually in bed for around 7hours and am very lucky to be asleep for half of that

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Scott,
I think I'm much like you in this respect.
Now did you notice something weird... People who go to bed say 10:30 pm and get up at 7.00 am, are generally considered more alert, eager and to the point than someone who goes to sleep at 2:30 am and wakes up at 9 o'clock in the morning - who is often called a long-sleeper. And yet the latter takes only six and a half hour, while the first type sleeps 8 and a half per 24 hours!
Here's a reassuring
wink.gif
fact: the great Napoleon usually slept only 4 hours during his campains (from very late at night until early rise in the morning).
Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks