What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

How do I get rid of this Irritating Internet Explorer Toolbar Installation Popup??? (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
Ok, every morning I get to work at start my computer, theres this Popup that comes up that asks me if I want to continue with the upgrade to the Internet Explorer Search Toolbar Installation. The other option is to Uninstall??? So I always push that.I also have went into my add/remove software and havn't found anything else to uninstall. I have the Google Toolbar installed and am very happy with it. On occasion when someone else starts my computer, I guess they will push install and I will two toolbars installed. Google and this one.

Now, how do I prevent this popup from coming up everytime I start my computer? Any help would be appreciated!

Mark Giles

Second Unit
That didnt work. I installed and ran the Adware.

I noticed that this is actually Websearch.

Here's a link to there website.

http://www.websearch.com/

Like I said it's not installed but the popup asking me I want to install comes up everytime I startup my computer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, most likely that it's either launching from your Startup folder, or in your registry:

My ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWind owsCurrentVersionRun

Then look in the right hand side, and look for a key that is launching something named "websearch"

Or look in the Add/Remove programs for "Websearch" and delete it there.

GaryP

Second Unit
Mark,

Check out this link for uninstall directions. As Pat said, you should be able to grab it in the 'add/remove' section. If not, it provides instuctions for manual removal form the registry.

Hope this helps,
Gary

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Spybot Search & Destroy is also good for finding and rooting out bad stuff, plus it can also install countermeasures to block bad stuff from getting back into your computer later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks