What's new

How do I deal with this and do I have to worry? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking about getting some of those Bybee quantum purifiers but then I read this (scroll down nearly to the end).
It turns out there are two types of electrons in the world, one type which tends to "hit" less. The Bybee filter tends to trap the ones that hit and eliminate the noise.
This got me thinking...
After a while do I have to take the purifier and empty the electrons?
Can I just release them into the air or might that cause lightning?
Can I take them to my local recycling center?
Is there a button that just opens a door?
What if some of the electons get loose?
If there's a bag for the electrons, I just don't know where to find it. Also how do I order replacement bags? Can I buy them on ebay?
Since it's trapping electrons does that maybe mean that I'm possibly distorting the local space-time continuum and that maybe people or worse (I've seen Hellraiser) will enter our dimension and wreak havoc on the world?
Is it possible to take these electrons somewhere and teach them to not be so noisy? Maybe they can be rehabilitated?
Is it safe to touch the purifier because it's now gotten a large negative charge?
Does anybody know?

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I always sneak my electrons in with my used motor oil when I take it to be recycled. Most of the employees at the garages are too dim-witted to notice and I've never been caught.

Seth R

Auditioning
Chu,

If there are two types of electrons, it is news to me! I would take this with a HUGE (i.e. truckload) grain of salt. BTW, electrons don't "hit the structure of the conductor" as they pass through it. Electron flow occurs through the stucture or more accurately, the structure determines the orbital states through which the electrons move. How easy those electrons move depends on the relative energy differences of the orbital states (There is a little more to it that that, but that is the simple version).

Cheers,

Seth

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Chu,
I think what PaulT is implying is that you need to put on an aluminum foil cap before attempting to empty the trapped electrons. You could use the brain protector capsules but frankly I think that's just hype.

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
These arn't new. Professor Loof Lirpa introduced them to control Ionic gas Dispersion along the speaker wires of Lirpa Labs Electrostatic Kings when pumping the 1.21 gigawatts required to run them.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Actually, there is a book written about the rehabilitated ones:
"Electron and Photon Noise Suppression in Mesoscopic Systems---How to Teach Noisy Photons to Follow Quiet Electrons,"
Y.Yamamoto, R.C.Liu, J.Kim, and A.Imamoglu,
Mater. Sci. and Engr. B 48, 19-25 (1997).

Abstract: Shot noise suppression in electron transport in macroscopic conductors is ultimately due to Pauli exclusion principle for fermion particles, electrons. Shot noise suppression in electron injection in macroscopic pn junctions originates from collective Coulomb blockade effect for changed particles, electrons, Regulated single photon generation in mesoscopic pn junctions is also discussed. (C) 1997 Elsevier Science S.A.

But we know the answer is really '42'. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks