How do I deal with this and do I have to worry?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chu Gai, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I was thinking about getting some of those Bybee quantum purifiers but then I read this (scroll down nearly to the end).

2. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

I always sneak my electrons in with my used motor oil when I take it to be recycled. Most of the employees at the garages are too dim-witted to notice and I've never been caught.

3. Seth R

Seth R Auditioning

Chu,

If there are two types of electrons, it is news to me! I would take this with a HUGE (i.e. truckload) grain of salt. BTW, electrons don't "hit the structure of the conductor" as they pass through it. Electron flow occurs through the stucture or more accurately, the structure determines the orbital states through which the electrons move. How easy those electrons move depends on the relative energy differences of the orbital states (There is a little more to it that that, but that is the simple version).

Cheers,

Seth

4. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

5. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

Chu,
    I think what PaulT is implying is that you need to put on an aluminum foil cap before attempting to empty the trapped electrons. You could use the brain protector capsules but frankly I think that's just hype.

6. terry deto

terry deto Stunt Coordinator

Terry
    These arn't new. Professor Loof Lirpa introduced them to control Ionic gas Dispersion along the speaker wires of Lirpa Labs Electrostatic Kings when pumping the 1.21 gigawatts required to run them.

7. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Actually, there is a book written about the rehabilitated ones:
    "Electron and Photon Noise Suppression in Mesoscopic Systems---How to Teach Noisy Photons to Follow Quiet Electrons,"
    Y.Yamamoto, R.C.Liu, J.Kim, and A.Imamoglu,
    Mater. Sci. and Engr. B 48, 19-25 (1997).

Abstract: Shot noise suppression in electron transport in macroscopic conductors is ultimately due to Pauli exclusion principle for fermion particles, electrons. Shot noise suppression in electron injection in macroscopic pn junctions originates from collective Coulomb blockade effect for changed particles, electrons, Regulated single photon generation in mesoscopic pn junctions is also discussed. (C) 1997 Elsevier Science S.A.

But we know the answer is really '42'. [​IMG]