What's new

How can I satisfy my wife and get a projector? (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
Here is the deal. My wife has been so understanding of my audio "toys". I have full size speakers and and a big sub which she has graciously let me have in our family room with no complaints. I have been able to "blend" them in with the existing decor which makes her and I both happy. Now I want a projector and screen and was wondering how I can "hide" one in our family room? I have a room above the family room so I can't do anything fancy like having it lowered from the ceiling(can't afford it anyway). Has anyone got any creative ideas on how to do this?

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Just do a fixed screen mount on the wall and tell her it's a plasma. She'll never know the diff.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
okay..first; you REALLY need to think about the header to your thread!:)

My wife would consent to a projector if I will consent to some nice curtains that draw in front of it. I countered by offering not only just curtains...but on a motorized remote no less. For her, it is about blending...which kinda makes me wanna go out and get blended myself, but that thought may be where you want to start. Continue on the road of integration, as you did with the stuff you have now.

Did I mention I am taking delievery of a 60 inch Sony Wega LCD on Saturday? Too good a deal to pass up. Maybe next year.

All I know is...if my wife is satisfied...I get so much more of what I want. Get out the incense, wine and candles..valentines day is coming!

EdNichols

Second Unit
I can't do the curtain thing to hide the screen because there is furniture or or a fireplace or an entertainment center on every wall. I thought I read somewhere about someone who used a pop up screen? What is that?

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
Check out this package from tv authority It includes the type of screen you're talking about. You could easily leave it behind an entertainment center or something and then raise it when you'd like to use it. I've heard that this company will work with you and set up a package to your liking.

Good luck with the wife

John S

Senior HTF Member
I refrained from posting on this one.. That subject title on this thread is just to ripe for me not to make suggestive smart arsed comments. :)

It is funny, I can say, I know one person that just bought the 4805 because of the WAF, she refused to have a big ol display in their living / family room. He took her to costco to show her, they ended up comming home with the thing. I get to help install it tomorrow. he expects to cieling mount the projo, and not have the screen up / visable when not in use. They do plan to use the projo for everything all purpose display. Should be interesting.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
How hight is the ceiling? A pull-down screen mounted off the ceiling might do the trick.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm I don't know the exact number on that yet. But they are normal cielings, not vaulted or anything like that. But I admit, I don't know, and can't remember from the last time I was there. Being what I remember as "normal" cielings, I tried to assure him it should work just fine.

EdNichols

Second Unit
Thanks for the info. I think maybe a portable screen is the way to go and yeh I know I probably should have chosen a different title but I have been married for 22 years and plan to keep it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks