What's new

How can I make my own Movie Tickets? (1 Viewer)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
I would love to have my own movie tickets with my logo on.

Is there a software for this?

Have you any experience with this?

Travis D

Second Unit
Hehehe.. for a second there I thought you were talking about pirating movie tickets.

I'm sure you can make your own tix with a good image creation/editing suite like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Since I work in prepress, I can suggest all sorts of software packages that are insultingly expensive. :D
I'm not sure what the standard business card size is in Sweden (you have all sorts of strange paper sizes like A4 ;) ), but I have seen paper stock over here that is pre-perforated at business card size, allowing you to simply tear them off once you've printed the cards on the sheet. At 2" x 3.5", that would be 12 cards per 8.5" x 11" sheet. That may be a little large for a movie ticket, but it's probably the easiest option for printing them in your own home.
I would assume that a Word template of some sort exists for this type of paper, since there's a Word template for just about everything. Check with your local office supply store and see if they carry that type of stock.

Greg Rowe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
GIMP is another GREAT photo editing tool. It is available on windows although it was written for Linux. And it is completely free. Chec out
www.gimp.org
GIMP == GNU Image Manipulation Program
Greg

Greg Rowe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
Ahhhhh I think hell is recursive with no base case ;) (and unlimited stack space)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I didn´t know that A4 paper size don´t exist in the States..
It exists (along with A3 and the other European standard sizes), but it's a special order/cut. I would be very surprised if it was sold in individual reams in stores over here. We typically use those sizes for manuals or documentation that will be used in some sort of international capacity, which isn't very often. I really don't understand the reasoning behind the dimensions of the European sizes, as they don't even correspond to "whole" measurements in metric units (as opposed to our 8.50" x 11.00" standard letter size).
It was amusing to note some of the backlash that Adobe received when they decided to convert Adobe Magazine to A4 finished size. I like to think that it contributed to the demise of the magazine. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks