What's new

House season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
House's Secret Santa ruse was cracking me up. It was good to see a new episode of House tonight.

I was wondering if Cameron would make an appearance, and it was mighty short (as was Chase's).

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pretty good episode tonight.

Although I knew what was in the syringe, it was still gross to see him squirt it in the girls mouth.

Was the women who performed a "donkey show" supposed to actually be a Nun? Or was she really a prostitute that was just working in the show?

LOL, my last couple of sentences are pretty funny out of context. :)

Last comment... Did anyone else get a feeling that the actress who plays "13" is pregnant? I thought I saw a belly on her on one shot and when she was holding that big envelope (with the vintage record in it) in front of her, it was like they were hiding something. Once I started looking for confirmation, they never showed her on screen in a way that I could tell one way or another. If she is preggers, wonder how that is going to affect the show? I guess with the writers strike killing the rest of the season it doesnt really matter.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

She's a prostitute playing the Virgin Mary in the play.

House mentions that she gets AIDS tests done every three months and he rattles off what St. Nicolas is the patron saint of and eliminates them all except children and prostitutes.

The donkey show invitation had me thinking really dirty and the ending twist made me laugh out loud!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I don't know about that.

He does mention she gets AIDS tests done every three months - check.

There could be a million reasons she wears St. Nicolas, he assumes it is because she is a prostitute - check.

She never admits to being a prostitute. He asks, does your mother know what you do, and she replies something to the tune of I don't need her approval. Could mean a lot of things - check.

They talk about how she's in a 'donkey show' - check.

Turns out, the 'donkey show' is her bit as Mary for church - check.

Her church? Does she go around playing Mary at various churches? Is that her donkey? Does she do an obscene donkey show AND play Mary, or was it just playing Mary she was talking about?

We really have no clue what she is, why she is, or who she is. Neither does House. I actually think THAT might be the point.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am leaning toward her not being a prostitute.

There was too much subtle stuff going on. And she did say something like "check out my show" and handed him a flier for the Church play.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think she was a prostitute who happens to be religious. It's not a drastic contradiction; Jesus was a pretty big fan of Mary Magdalene after all.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I'm also leaning towards, not a prostitute. My theory is that she may have been exposed to possible HIV and is on an every 3 month test to see if she was infected.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's true that she's never specificially named as such in the Bible, but there's two millenia of popular tradition in the Catholic thought making the link. It's true that the Byzantine tradition has always venerated her as a figure of saintly purity, but it's hardly an open and shut case.

To avoid any controversy, let me amend my original point to words spoken by Jesus of a woman definitely identified in scripture as unchaste: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." :)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

I'm pretty sure the Catholic church changed their tune on that some years ago. I don't think they even refer to her as a 'sinner' anymore.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
LOL.... I just got wiplash.

I think House is being extra mean to 13 by calling her "Huntingtons" or whatever it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks