What's new

Horizontal anomaly travelling up screen (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Last night, I noticed that the picture isn't perfect on my Mits 65908. There's a horizontal "line" (more like band of deformation) that slowly travels up the screen and then reappears at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure if this is due to a bad power supply or if something is wrong with the TV, but it needs to be fixed. Ideas?

MTrotter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
I'm not much help but I have had that same thing before, and I got suggestions like checking if any light dimmers or ceiling fans are on. It only occurred watching TV, not on DVDs.

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator
Ground loops info and solving

More troubleshooting

If you have had this tv and system for a while and nothing has been changed/added by you and it just now starting this, there maybe a bad capacitor somewhere. Disconnect everything. Temporarily put a pair of rabbit ears on and see if you get the symptom on any of the off-air stations. You'll need a strong signal though.
If you don't see symptom on tv, then connect cable or directtv back. If no symptom then connect your system one piece at a time to isolate which piece has bad cap in it.

A lot of work but it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks