What's new

Hooking up DVD and Playstation2 to same input (1 Viewer)

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Is it possible to hook up a dvd player using component cables and coaxial to the DVD/LD inputs on a receiver and then hook up a playstation to the composite inputs for the DVD/LD input and be able to use one or the other while the receiever is set to DVD/LD?

I ask because I want to upgrade my receiver but I have 4 video sources (DVD, Digital Cable, VCR, and Playstation2) and most receivers in the $300 price range I am looking at only have 3 video input sources on the back (I don't want to have anything permanantly connected to the front input)

I would like to know if this can be done, or if I should just pay the extra dough and get a receiver with 4 video inputs in the back?

FYI: the receivers I am looking at are the Sony STR-DE685 (3 rear video inputs) and the Sony STR-DE885 (4 rear video inputs) although I do not have my heart set on either of these, they are just the 2 I have looked at. Any suggestions on a similarly priced receiver with the necessary inputs would be great.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Nevermind my previous post. I went to Best Buy last night and got an open box STR-DE885 for $259.99. I usually don't buy open box items, but I asked the service department to open it so I could see the condition and it had never even been touched. It looks like someone purchased it, took it home and then decided they didn't want it so returned it. Needless to say I am very happy with the price, and initial testing of the receiver with my current speakers went very well. Now if I could only decide on an upgrade to my speakers......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks