What's new

Hooking up a Crown K1 to my SVS Ultra (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
Who here has this combination (Crown K1 amp, and CS_Ultra SVS Sub)??

Exactly how do you hook up the Crown K1 and configure it to run one CS_Ultra Sub???

Thanks!!

-- John

A

Anthony_Gomez

You can either use a single channel, or bridge the amp and run mono. Just remember that the K1 has the power to fry drivers when run in mono.

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
In case you don't get any replies (I have no idea, I don't know what the K1 has), your best bet would be to email the SVS guys themselves, in case you already haven't. Would love to know how it plays once you get it all setup!

John Cain

Second Unit
Hi Anthony, I'm leaning toward using the single channel, is that what you do??

Thanks!

-- John

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
John,

You can bridge the K1 into the single Ultra...but going past the rated 550w into 4ohm per channel isn't going to add much.

Be sure to calibrate the sub regardless of which way you go...and be sure to email me(or post here)if you have any problems/other questions about the setup.

TV

John Cain

Second Unit
Thanks Tom!!

I'm wondering about that 1/4 plug for input into the Crown.

Can I just buy an adapter at RadioShack or somewhere to convert from the RCA plug to that 1/4" plug??

Will the adapter that came with the ART EQ I got from SVS work for this as well??

Take care,

- John

A

Anthony_Gomez

Bridging the K1 is up to 1500W RMS if IRRC...so there is potential to fry...but you would probably bottom out before you hit this type of power

I have my speakers hooked up to one per channel (I have TWO 1503's)...so 800watts RMS each.

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Crown K-1 and SVS CS_Ultra combination. Just use one channel and turn the knob in the front of the K-1 all the way clockwise. Use your pre-amp / receiver to balance the sub with the other speakers.

Your going to love this combination, very clean ... very solid ... no booming. Its the best !!

Have fun

A

Anthony_Gomez

Having a K2 leads to a future decision.

Stay with seald dual 1503's, or a pair of ultras....guess it depends on how much output I want..and if I want to build (read: have time) another couple tubes.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,

I think you're mixing and matching the K series specs. The K1 is listed as 550 watts at 4 ohms, the K2 is 800. But the 1500 watts bridged is correct for the K1.

Brian

A

Anthony_Gomez

I had them right. John has a K1 and I have a K2...that is why it looks like the specs are mixed. I am running the K2 at 800/ch. John would be running the K1 at 550 on a single channel or 1500 bridged
BOOM BOOM BOOOOOOOOM
Go bottom feeders!:D

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi John,

the local radioshack has em' for about 2 bucks.(just be sure to get the MONO adaptor).

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks