hometheater diy speaker suggestions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes Nance, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Wes Nance

Wes Nance Stunt Coordinator

Jan 1, 2002

I was set on building a set of AV1 with an AV1+ for a center to use with my home theater setup. I just moved to a new house with a dedicated HT room in the basement, so I'll have a music system upstairs.

I'm wondering if the GR Research stuff might be a bit of overkill downstairs, I'll probably put it with my music system, and I'm thinking of building a different, perhaps cheaper set of speakers for the basement HT.

I have a great Stryke 12.3 sub, so I'm looking for bookshelf speakers all around, plus a center.

Any recommendations for something like this that's a notch down in price point from Danny's stuff at GR Research?

Anybody have experience with Adire Pop, or such?

I'd be really interested to hear any other suggestions.

2. George W

George W Stunt Coordinator

May 25, 2001
    You'll likely get more replies if you post this in the DIY and Advanced section. I haven't heard the GR Research stuff, but I don't believe in overkill [​IMG] One thing you might consider is using the AV1's for your music system and building up a set of Kit281's or 81's from Adire for your hometheater. I have heard that while they are both good at each task, the Adires are slightly more suited to home theater and the AV1's slightly more suited to music. I haven't heard the pop's either, but I would imagine that they would be a fair step down from the AV1 and Kit281 territory.