What's new

hometheater diy speaker suggestions (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everybody,

I was set on building a set of AV1 with an AV1+ for a center to use with my home theater setup. I just moved to a new house with a dedicated HT room in the basement, so I'll have a music system upstairs.

I'm wondering if the GR Research stuff might be a bit of overkill downstairs, I'll probably put it with my music system, and I'm thinking of building a different, perhaps cheaper set of speakers for the basement HT.

I have a great Stryke 12.3 sub, so I'm looking for bookshelf speakers all around, plus a center.

Any recommendations for something like this that's a notch down in price point from Danny's stuff at GR Research?

Anybody have experience with Adire Pop, or such?

I'd be really interested to hear any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Wes

George W

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Wes,
You'll likely get more replies if you post this in the DIY and Advanced section. I haven't heard the GR Research stuff, but I don't believe in overkill ;) One thing you might consider is using the AV1's for your music system and building up a set of Kit281's or 81's from Adire for your hometheater. I have heard that while they are both good at each task, the Adires are slightly more suited to home theater and the AV1's slightly more suited to music. I haven't heard the pop's either, but I would imagine that they would be a fair step down from the AV1 and Kit281 territory.
George

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks