What's new

Home Theater Software Programs? (1 Viewer)

Dan Mulvihill

Auditioning
I was wondering if anyone knew of a software program that would be good for developing and designing a HT. I have a basic idea of what I want to do with the room in the basement, but I think that seeing different ideas visually would help to make the best decision. and since my artistic skills are sub-par, the aide of a computer might help. Thanks for the help.
-Dan

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I would be interested too!
Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,
I designed my future home theater using 3D Home Architect Deluxe 3.0. You will notice that they are now offering v4.0 which I have not yet tried but will be picking up this week if possible.
While not quite as elaborate as the Lightwave program mentioned in a previous post, 3DHA can be picked up at your neighborhood software store for around $40 while Lightwave lists for $2,495.
Take a look at my home theater page to see what's possible with this software. While not perfect for home theater design it will allow you to get a general sense of how your theater will look.
If you do pick up the program and have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I've used it for the aforementioned theater as well as the design on a house we recently built, so I'm fairly familiar with what can or cannot be done.
Chip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks