What's new

home theater package question (1 Viewer)

agresBach

Auditioning
i am looking to buy a home theater package. My budget i need to stay under is about $300. I know i can get better quality by buying the components separately but i dont have the funds for that so looking at a package. I have narrowed it down to 2 so just looking to see if anyone had any input for me to which might be better.
Yamaha YHT-160 or Onkyo HT-S580
The Onkyo got great reviews but has a passive subwoofer and the yamaha not as good reviews but has more connection options. any input would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there and welcome to Home Theater Forum.

Please note the following, which is posted atop the Basics-area thread-listing page:

The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Hardware-purchasing advice is to be sought in the correct hardware-related area. And in the case of home-theaters-in-a-box systems, please ask them here in A/V Sources. Thank you.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
In your price range, I'd look into Onkyo factory re-furbished. J&R.com has the 570 for $149 and ecost.com has the 770 for $239. With shipping and some better cables/wires, you should still be within (or close ) to your budget. Sorry, but I don't care too much for the two you have choosen so far.

John S

Senior HTF Member
These Onkyo HTIB's are really just full level products bundled together. I don't think you can save money over these.

A full AVR, powered subs, decent Front, Center, and surround speakers.

best of luck....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks