What's new

Home Theater in a Box (1 Viewer)

Manny G

Auditioning
Hello folks,
I am setting up a home theater for my dad and was wanting to look at "Home Theater in a Box" solutions since he is not really a big home theater buff. I recall some time ago seeing some threads and even a link that reviewed some HTIB products, but my search did not turn up any. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Manny

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
Kenwood HTB-504.
I recently purchased this and it sounds great! I paid $430. Sounds much better than any of the other HTB's I listened to.
Best bang for your buck!

Chris Clarno

Agent
Real Name
Christian
The HTB-504 should suit most folks just fine. It's got some pretty "high end" features at a budget price. It's got Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II processing. It does S-video switching and it comes with a decent powered sub. Not at all bad for a mere $500 (or less on-line)!

Manny G

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions...that is the one I was thinking of but could not remember the exact model. I am debating the HTB504, or going with the old Energy Take5's. A local electronic store (Brandsmart) has them packaged with the powered sub for about $600.00. Of course, then you have to add $300 to $400 for a receiver.
BTW, I did not notice the recent post on this same subject, it came after I did my search. Sorry.
redface.gif

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20001212-14-030184.html
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks