1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Theater in a Box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manny G, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Manny G

Manny G Auditioning

Hello folks,
    I am setting up a home theater for my dad and was wanting to look at "Home Theater in a Box" solutions since he is not really a big home theater buff. I recall some time ago seeing some threads and even a link that reviewed some HTIB products, but my search did not turn up any. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Manny

2. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

3. JohnRyan

JohnRyan Stunt Coordinator

Kenwood HTB-504.
    I recently purchased this and it sounds great! I paid $430. Sounds much better than any of the other HTB's I listened to.
    Best bang for your buck!

4. Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno Agent

Christian
    The HTB-504 should suit most folks just fine. It's got some pretty "high end" features at a budget price. It's got Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II processing. It does S-video switching and it comes with a decent powered sub. Not at all bad for a mere $500 (or less on-line)!

5. Manny G

Manny G Auditioning

Thanks for the suggestions...that is the one I was thinking of but could not remember the exact model. I am debating the HTB504, or going with the old Energy Take5's. A local electronic store (Brandsmart) has them packaged with the powered sub for about $600.00. Of course, then you have to add $300 to $400 for a receiver.
    BTW, I did not notice the recent post on this same subject, it came after I did my search. Sorry. [​IMG]

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20001212-14-030184.html
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here