What's new

Holiday In Spain/Scent of Mystery (1 Viewer)

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
We went to 5 companies to investigate having scratch and sniff cards and found out that it would cost about $5.00 to make each card for the 2,000 unit release. This was a no go as it would have made the release a bit too expensive, plus Holiday in Spain was the de scented version anyway.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Just remembered this is due Tuesday (along with A LOT of other stuff I ordered that I didn't realize at the time was being released on the same day....oh my wallet!!!) and I can't wait. This is going to be fun (especially all the neat extras)

I've been hearing about this for as long as I can remember and it's amazing we'll finally get to see it!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
ACK!!! It's been delivered and is sitting at my home just waiting for me. Cough Cough....maybe I...cough cough...am coming down with something...cough cough......and should leave the office so as to not... cough cough....infect anyone

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Will Krupp said:
ACK!!! It's been delivered and is sitting at my home just waiting for me. Cough Cough....maybe I...cough cough...am coming down with something...cough cough......and should leave the office so as to not... cough cough....infect anyone
Will, you don't look well at all! ;)

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Will Krupp said:
Sounds like a pretty bad case of Anticipatus Flickeritis.

Of course, there are drugs, but usually a few hours rest in a darkened media room works best. Or so I've been...uhm...told.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
ROclockCK said:
Sounds like a pretty bad case of Anticipatus Flickeritis.

Of course, there are drugs, but usually a few hours rest in a darkened media room works best. Or so I've been...uhm...told.
I'm coming down with a simple case of Bat flu myself. Might not make it through the day.

Paul Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
So how much screentime does Diana Dors get in this? Is it just the one beach scene shown in the restoration demo?
My interest in this is piqued, but really only because of her presence in it. If it's just a glorified cameo, I'll find it much easier to put off a purchase for a while.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Will Krupp said:
I also feel the onset of Avengers Pox!
I've been feeling under the weather myself today and might buck off early. I think it's just a touch of Planetova Vampiritis. Should be fine by morning.

But there's also lot of Vincentia-Poe flu going around...that sucker can lay you up for days.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
All 3 arrived today.

I have been waiting 50 years, a bit longer won't matter.

I will take a peek tonight at least one, probably Holiday in Spain.

Bob

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Received my copy yesterday. Dave Strohmaier and company did a wonderful job. Great picture and sound. You also get some cool extras including the soundtrack CD.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
interesting film I admire the restoration but am curious what causes (in a few instances) sometimes the transfer looks very smoothed over I assume it is something to do with print damage. The commentary track was a lot of fun enjoyed all the background and if David And Bruce see this message don't worry about spoilers on a commentary track if someone listens to it first then that is their own fault for not watching the movie first :) and btw had not one clue about the end! so others please don't spoil it for others on the thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks