What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: A Haunting in Venice (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
ON OCTOBER 31, A HAUNTING IN VENICE DEBUTS ON HULU AND AT DIGITAL RETAILERS

KENNETH BRANAGH RETURNS AS AGATHA CHRISTIE’S FAMOUS SLEUTH, HERCULE POIROT​

8f63a1e6-288a-4a02-9b69-f885504a8a23.jpg

AHauntingInVenice_Beauty_Shot_6.75_BD_Digital_US.jpg
A Haunting In Venice Also Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 28​

BURBANK, CA (October 23, 2023)– Death is just the beginning! Agatha Christie’s legendary Hercule Poirot returns in a terrifying tale when A Haunting in Venice arrives on digital retailers and Hulu on October 31. Based on the 1969 Agatha Christie novel, Hallowe’en Party, the film is Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes, earning some of the warmest reviews of the series. “Branagh scares up his best Poirot film yet,” (Maureen Lee Lenker, Entertainment Weekly) and “captures what makes Agatha Christie’s work timeless,” (Valerie Complex, Deadline).

A Haunting in Venice was produced and directed by Kenneth Branagh (Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile) who also stars alongside a stunning ensemble cast which includes Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Jude Hill, Ali Khan, Emma Laird, Kelly Reilly, Riccardo Scamarcio and Michelle Yeoh.
The film will be available for subscribers to stream on Hulu, just in time to cap off its iconic Huluween celebration, and available to buy on digital October 31 from all major digital retailers, including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Fandango/Vudu, with exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus content. Plus, you can add more mystery to your movie collection when the film arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on November 28.​
Film Synopsis​

A Haunting in Venice is set in eerie, post-World War II Venice on All Hallows’ Eve and is a terrifying mystery featuring the return of the celebrated sleuth, Hercule Poirot. Now retired and living in self-imposed exile in the world’s most glamorous city, Poirot reluctantly attends a séance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. When one of the guests is murdered, the detective is thrust into a sinister world of shadows and secrets.

Reuniting many of the filmmakers behind 2017’s Murder on the Orient Express and 2022’s Death on the Nile, the film is directed by Kenneth Branagh with a screenplay by Oscar® nominee Michael Green (Logan) based upon Agatha Christie’s novel Hallowe’en Party. The producers are Kenneth Branagh, Judy Hofflund, Ridley Scott, and Simon Kinberg, with Louise Killin, James Prichard, and Mark Gordon serving as executive producers. A brilliant acting ensemble portrays a cast of unforgettable characters, including Kenneth Branagh, Kyle Allen (Rosaline), Camille Cottin (“Call My Agent”), Jamie Dornan (Belfast), Tina Fey (“30 Rock”), Jude Hill (Belfast), Ali Khan (6 Underground), Emma Laird (“Mayor of Kingstown”), Kelly Reilly (“Yellowstone”), Riccardo Scamarcio (Caravaggio’s Shadow), and recent Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once).​

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Great! I'll watch it on Hulu before committing to buy the disc release. I did that with his Death on the Nile and saved myself some money.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Great! I'll watch it on Hulu before committing to buy the disc release. I did that with his Death on the Nile and saved myself some money.
Yup, I bought Death On The Nile & thought that it was a bit of a miss-fire (but I enjoyed Orient Express). I haven't seen this but I've read good things about it & will be buying the Blu-ray.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Since so far there is no 4K disc, if there is a 4K streaming version available for purchase wondering if that would best the blu-ray in quality.

The 4K digital will have HDR and Dolby Atmos, depending on the retailer you view it on.
Of course, if you have Hulu [Disney+ outside the US], you could watch in 4K there and evaluate.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah I was referring to purchasing a digital 4K copy vs a month by month streaming service.
The following line in the press release gives me hope that digital retailers like iTunes and Vudu will have it for purchase in 4K with the appropriate HDR/Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.

ON OCTOBER 31, A HAUNTING IN VENICE DEBUTS ON HULU AND AT DIGITAL RETAILERS

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It is worth noting that this is a Disney release, so Amazon may or may not deliver pre-orders on time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since so far there is no 4K disc, if there is a 4K streaming version available for purchase wondering if that would best the blu-ray in quality.
Yes, there is a 4K digital with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos available for purchase at $19.99. I will purchase it once the pricing discounts to my price point.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Yes, there is a 4K digital with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos available for purchase at $19.99. I will purchase it once the pricing discounts to my price point.
Thanks for the info. The blu-ray, at least right now, seems awfully expensive and without 4K seems not worth it to me if a 4K source is available elsewhere.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The price for a Blu-ray of a new film is £15, a fair price which I'm happy to pay. If this Blu-ray is just a penny over that, well sod 'em, I'll wait 'till it comes on TV.
I’m going by the Amazon MSRP here in the States which hasn’t discounted yet.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I think people tend to forget that the MSRP is never intended to be the price that the labels expect customers to pay. It's the price they establish to ensure that the wholesale price that the distribution network pays is enough to make it worth doing in the first place. It's the retailers that have to decide what's a sale-able price.

That's why labels like Kino and Criterion knock some percentage off the price if you order it direct. It's a lower price for the consumer, while still being more than the wholesale price they'd get from distributors/retailers. Win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks