What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Kenneth Branagh returns as Hercule Poirot (and in the director’s chair) in A Haunting in Venice, now available on Blu-ray from Disney/20th Century Studios.

A Haunting in Venice (2023)

Released: 15 Sep 2023
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 103 min

Director: Kenneth Branagh
Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror

Cast: Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Dornan
Writer(s): Michael Green, Agatha Christie

Plot: In post-World War II Venice, Poirot, now retired and living in his own exile, reluctantly attends a seance. But when one of the guests is murdered, it is up to the former detective to once again uncover the killer.

IMDB rating: 6.6
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Disney
Distributed By: N/A
Video...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Nice review, The previous 2 films were enjoyable Christie-esque timelines but given a more speeded interaction for a more modern audience. I look forward to viewing this one as well, Thanks Todd.

CC95

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Disappointed that it was not shot on 65mm this time.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
It usually does if you have your Apple TV/iTunes account linked to Movies Anywhere and then stream using the Apple TV app on any device that supports Atmos.

Doesn't that only work if you can redeem the code directly at Apple? But most recent movies don't allow that because the studios are trying to bypass the 4K upgrade.

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The movie looks great, but I found the story and some of the acting a bit underwhelming. It's still a bit of fun. It's one of the few times that I picked the killer within about 5 minutes of the main characters being introduced.

CC95

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
The movie looks great, but I found the story and some of the acting a bit underwhelming. It's still a bit of fun. It's one of the few times that I picked the killer within about 5 minutes of the main characters being introduced.
No matter who you picked as the killer in ORIENT EXPRESS- You were right. Lol.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Doesn't that only work if you can redeem the code directly at Apple? But most recent movies don't allow that because the studios are trying to bypass the 4K upgrade.
No, many of the movies that I’ve redeemed in HD on Movies Anywhere playback with Dolby Atmos on the Apple TV app.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Disappointed that it was not shot on 65mm this time.

The intimate nature of the film, including what looked like GoPro closeups of Branagh as he was going down the stairwell, pretty much demanded smaller, lighter cameras. It looked swell.

CC95

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
This is a modern 65mm film camera. I don't think it would have been a problem.
IMG_2480.jpeg

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
The choices for 4K releases are truly bizarre sometimes. This is a movie that cried out for a 4K release. In terms of its look.,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks