1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

HK525 for $667.13 from ONECALL. Is this another "buggy" receiver like the 8000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dodie, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Dodie

Dodie Agent

Onecall again is selling the HK525 way below the MSRP. Does anybody here got this kind of receiver? And is there any problem with this receiver like the HK8000 that onecall were selling couple of day ago? Any feedbacks

2. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

I've not heard of any complaints about it, other than some find the fan annoying when it comes on. It is thermally controlled, only comes on when the unit gets to hot. As long as there is proper ventillation it shouldn't come on. the 8000 is last years model, you won't find any 525's made from early this year. I have an AVR320, and I love my H/K. The 525 has only built upon it. I don't think you'd be disappointed. But, see if you can find some place to listen to them. to many people buy receivers, TV's, computer monitors etc without listening or watching them. this IMO is a big mistake. Even if you have to drive an hour away to a specialty shop, it's worth it to atleast try. Otherwise all you have to go on is opinions, and opinions are like (insert word) -- everyones got one, and they all stink. Not to mention we all perceive sound a bit differntly than the next guy [​IMG]

3. STLMIKE

STLMIKE Stunt Coordinator

I hope not....I just ordered one.

Mike