What's new

HK520 - no problems (fun post) (1 Viewer)

Hal_J

Agent
usually we only post when we are having issues. i just thought it would be nice to post something like this...

'hi everyone. i have an hk520 hooked up to a paradigm focus front and center speakers. its wonderful. i bought it from a store and had good service. i got a good price. i have embarrassingly bose speakers for my rears, but i'll probably upgrade those to titans later this year. boy am i ever pleased!'

i think it would be funny if akin to how people debug our problems, people debug my happiness. it might be like this...

'Hal - are you sure you have it hooked up properly? maybe by messing with the set up you can get some problems? then we can really help you.'

'hal - sorry to hear about your situation. thats what you get dumbass! did you read the manual or something?!'

'check with your girlfriend, she probably hates it.'

'get rid of it immediately! you need to get something more complicated!!'

'hal - you should have a full frequency analysis of your room done. that should reveal some problems. also, i suggest watching FOTR with the volume on +5. if this doesnt screw up your system somehow, it will at least remove the plaster from your walls and piss off your neighbors.'

'hal, i noticed you dont have rockets/svs. that in itself is a huge problem. you are obviously an idiot who should have purchased the KLH HTIB.'

'hal, tell us about the rest of your setup, we can find a way to get you back to normal. perhaps your display is messed up? red push? flashing? 1024 pt convergence off by 10 microns? couch is the wrong color? anything? the whole point of home theater is to maybe be happy, but never satisfied.'

:-D

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Hal, if you dig deep enough then you "WILL" find a problem somewhere in your system. You are just not finding/looking for the problems hard enough! :D

Yogi

Screenwriter
There is always some problem somewhere. Otherwise we wouldn't be upgrading at all right. Some problem some dissatisfaction somewhere.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
did you red pen, green pen, blue pen, black pen, or not pen your dvd's at all?

did you red pen, green pen, blue pen, black pen, or not pen your cd's at all?

i find that for action dvd's, if i half blue pen and half red pen my dvd's i get more clarity in the upper ranges without sacrificing any bass. don't get confused though, a purple pen will not achieve the same balance, you really need to use both a red pen and a blue pen.

however, if i green and black pen the action dvd's i get huge bass response out of them, juraissac park this way has been known to kill people from the extra dbs hitting that long bass frequency wave and having it implode peoples' body organs.. i read that on http://www.bsaudiorumorsthatreallyst...plebelieve.com

with mostly talking dvd's, i usually green or black pen them, depending on movie theme...black pens go with movies like good guys wear black, men in black, while green pens go with things like fried green tomatoes, im sure this obvious to everyone.

now with cd's, a lot of people tell you to green pen them, now thats just plain wrong....

you need to blue pen classical ones, adds clarty in the mid-range

red pen speed metal to give it some bass without sacrificing clarity in the high frequencies...

you need to green pen death metal so you get more bass than any bass track as ever had, and just the speed of it, wow, suplicious, it will sound like a rampaging herd of buffalo juiced up on a enough speed to fill lake Michigan going right through your living room, and who wouldn't want that.

for hair metal, you need the rare yellow pen...why, well, just trust me on that, it wont give you a headache though...

for classic rock, blue or black is good, i prefer black, gives a good boost overall, to all ranges...

for jazz, i prefer a nice rainbow mesh of colors, drawn haphazardly, for obvious reasons, of course...

if you don't do these things, you have no idea what you are missing out on, this will make a bigger difference than anything you could possibly do to your system now...

i have no respect for you if you dont pen your media...

Rich

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I have a HK 225, has been flawless so far. My old onkyo 656 and 676 have had no problems as well. I tried one of the newer onk's an SR500 and it had a serious problem playing the LFE channel . I sent it back and bought the HK. Like others have stated no manufacturer has not had a perfect record with every model receiver. My advice is make sure whomever you buy from has a liberal return policy. Nothing worse than getting stuck with a lemon:angry:

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah? Well, I've got a new AVR 520 as well and I'll tell you what, I'm peeved! My front glass/acrylic/whatever that is faceplate picks up dust like a sumbitch. I'm constantly having to dust that sucker off and I'm pissed. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks