What's new

HK receiver probs (1 Viewer)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm starting to have problems with my 3+ year old HK avr-75. I use stereo mode while watching TV or listening to music. About a week ago I started hearing static and popping sounds and then stereo mode just stopped working. All of the wiring seems to be as it should but no more stereo. I switched to hall mode for the television but that one just went out too. I still have a few DSP modes left and 5.1 hasn't been effected yet. Is it possible I'm missing something here or is it normal for a receiver to die out one function at at time?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Even if this one keeps running I will be making an upgrade within 6 months or so but it certainly won't be for another HK product. I spent less money 5 years ago on an RCA home theater in a box followed by a 4 year old Kenwood pro logic receiver which are both still running like new so I'm not going to rush back to HK which broke down after 3.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I agree, upgrade when you can and try to hold out.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks