What's new

HK AVR-7000 versus 8000 (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I posted yesterday asking for opinions on the HK AVR-7000. Thanks so much to those who replied. I'd like to ask an additional question, and would appreciate any responses.

Instead of purchasing the 7000 for about $500 as stated in my prior post, I now have the opportunity to purchase the HK 8000 for about $875, probably refurbished. I think the 7000 I was considering buying is also refurb. Is this a worthwhile upgrade for the additional money? Does anyone know if the 8000 has experienced fewer quality issues than its predecessor?

Finally, Can anyone recommend a high quality receiver in a similar price range as these HK units?

Thanks,

Lee

Adil M

Supporting Actor
You're getting that refurb below cost which almost never happens even w/ refurbs or open boxes or whatever. Be wary. The HK 8000 appears to be an excellent unit. I really liek the 520 and the 8000 should be a big step up.

chung

Stunt Coordinator
Lee:
$875 is a great price, even for refurbished. Make sure it has the HK warranty, though. HK offers standard 2-year warranties for even its refurbished products. There is realy nothing else that compares with it in this price range. In fact. let me know if there are more; I would love to get one (or perhaps we could swap:)) !
Others in this range, but not as good: Denon 3802, Sony STR-DA5ES. Not familiar with Yamaha or Onkyo.

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance you can spill the beans on the $875 location of the HK8000.

John Bennett

Auditioning
Actually, this may not even be a refurb... Harman's Accommodation website (with discount prices for Harman employees and their families), had the AVR 8000 on sale (pre-order) before Christmas for under 700 bucks. That's almost certainly below cost, though, since even their "normal" Accommodation discount price is $1200.

Either way, unless the thing has the paint ground off and smoke coming out the top, it's a steal at $875...

--John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks