What's new

HK AVR 525 Question (1 Viewer)

Terry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Currently I have been using a AVR80MkII which has been great. Now, I have an HK AVR 525 coming next week to replace the beast. Quick question about the RS-232 port. What can it be used for?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Terry, I'm also told you can control the 525 via the serial port, for interfacing with your computer or home control equipment such as AMX, Crestron, etc. However, HK does not provide software to do this.

I bought my 525 last Wednesday. Talked to HK and they said they would send me the serial protocol & specs via email. So far I haven't received anything, but hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Unless you have experience programming RS-232 devices, you will likely not use the port for anything other than firmware upgrades as Steve said.

Terry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys.

Per the H/K specs, that was my impression in regards to controling the system by wire. I would love to apply a software update to force dolbly pro-logic II on digital stereo sources on my satelite reciever. While channel surfing it will revert back to Logic 7 on broadcasts with a stereo feed. PITA!!

Terry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

Could you please share, PM or email me the serial specs. when you get them.

thx.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Terry: Sure. I just checked my inbox and I still don't have them. I'll call HK back up later this week and harass them a little if I don't see them soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks