What's new

Hitman 3 / Series (1 Viewer)

Anybody get into the Hitman series? I love this game; real fun and very tactical. Can get sort of frustrating, but challenging. It's very tempting to use the walkthroughs.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Making this the Hitman thread with Hitman 3 out today. Which I just spent $100 to get the complete set of missions included in Hitman 3.

annnnnnd....
Microsoft are fucking morons. They forgot to actually put the Hitman 3 base game in the $100 bundle that comes with Hitman 2 gold. Right now it's just the access packs for deluxe content and Hitman 2 content.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Is it supposed to include the base 3 game, or is it really $99 for just the pass for 1 and 2?

$99 seems like an exorbirantly high amount for just 1 and 2. You could have picked both of those up on sale for probably $20 total in the past.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The World of Assassination Hitman games are amazing. I think it's some of the best sandbox gaming out there. I've also heard good things about the new VR mode.

I like what they're trying to do in theory with the WOA platform, but there are too many SKUs. I've spoken with someone who works for a very major platform, and their contact rate has shot through the roof regarding entitlements for this release specifically. A lot of people are very frustrated.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Is it supposed to include the base 3 game, or is it really $99 for just the pass for 1 and 2?

$99 seems like an exorbirantly high amount for just 1 and 2. You could have picked both of those up on sale for probably $20 total in the past.

Microsoft claims the latter, given that Hitman 2 Gold is full price on XBL right now. Rip off.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Console owners who haven't bought Hitman 2 previously are getting shafted. The Hitman 2 Gold add-on is $99 in the PlayStation Store. It doesn't include Hitman 1 levels. In fact, there's a separate $99 Hitman 2 "add-on" SKU that doesn't even include a base game to play. I'd wait for a sale.

I had the Steelbook Edition (disc) of Hitman 1 with a separate digital GOTY upgrade that I purchased. I had to install the disc version, download the GOTY upgrade, restart the game, then restart Hitman 3 in order to get access to the Hitman 1 levels.

Hitman 3 looks and plays great on the PS5. I just finished the
murder mystery
level, which is hilarious and really complex. The biggest complaint I've seen is that the game has almost 1/4 the number of "mission stories" in the game versus the previous two. (Mission stories are scripted side missions.) There are still plenty of ways to complete the levels, but they aren't scripted - you have to piece them together yourself from clues in the world.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
To get all levels in Hitman 3, you need the Hitman 1 GotY Edition and the Hitman 2 Gold Edition. Currently they are $59.99 and $99.99, but they have regularly been on sale for $11.99 and $19.99 over the past year.

So just sit tight for a while and you can get all past levels for $31.98 instead of $159.98.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks