What's new

Hitachi 65S700 @$2800, or Toshiba 57 H 93@ $2070 ? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Both of these rear projectors have a built in HD Decoder. I saw the Hitachi and the picture was great. Just stumbled onto the Toshiba and haven't seen one yet.
All feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

Jeff Edrich

Auditioning
I just bought a hitachi 57S700. You never know until you get the set home what it's actually going to look like. My biggest concern was that regular cable might not look very good because it was often soft in the store displays. I have not switched over to digital cable yet so I was totally surprised when I saw how good the image was with a plain old analog cable signal. I was concerned that the image might not look sharp, or that with a 57 inch screen, imperfections in the signal would be even more unpleasant. I was wrong on all counts. It is as bright, crisp and clear as my 27" television. I hit the "magic focus" button when the set was warmed up and it converged beautifully. I have a non progressive dvd player and fed the component outputs into the television and that produced an almost perfect image. If I look for it, I can see the slightest jagged edges on some shapes but I think thats because i'm viewing a standard NTSC image. Sorry I can't help you with info on the Toshiba - just wanted to let you know that the Hitachi delivers a great picture.

The Void

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I have been looking for RPTV for awhile now and had my choices narrowed down to Toshiba and a Hitachi. The Toshiba's biggest advantage was the price but that would not sway me. I have read way too many complaints about broken Toshibas. It is hard to find complaints about this year's Hitachi S500 and S700. I couldn't really do much picture comparison in the stores since the environment and TV settings suck. I basically relied on forums and comments from people who own them. I found that the Hitachi is as good or better than the Toshiba in every way. But it is also more expensive most of the time. Hitachi also has a 57" if you want that size.

I finally decided on a Hitachi 51S700 and I got it for about the price of a Toshiba 51H83. It's not scheduled for delivery until the 20th so I'll have to wait before I can play with it. I'll try to post my opinion on it once it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks