What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Real Name
Tim
Kino Lorber has released Hercules in the Haunted World, the latest release in their Mario Bava Collection.  Kino has really gone out of its way to provide the definitive edition of Bava’s magical sword and sandal epic by including three different cuts of the movie spread out over two discs; the American, the British, and the Italian, though this version has German titles (?)! I don’t know how much Hercules in the Haunted World has to do with Roman mythology, but it is irresistible for anyone interested in colorful, low-budget creative movie making.  Don’t question anything going on onscreen, just sit back and submit yourself to Bava’s phantasmagoric cinematic ingenuity.

Hercules in the Haunted World (1961)

Released: 01 Apr 1964
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 84 min

Director: Mario Bava
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Horror

Cast: Reg Park, Christopher Lee...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Great review. This is one of my more favorite additions to my library in the past year or so. I think Reg Park is great in the film and holds his own against his peers in other fantasy films like the mentioned Mathews and Armstrong.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Spot on review and a great buy for what’s included. I hope this sells really well so we can finally get a decent release of the one that started them all-the Steve Reeves Hercules. What’s out there In DVD are all in bad shape- barely watchable. Does anyone know if it’s even possible to get a good print of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks