What's new
World Wide Stereo

Help! (1 Viewer)

David_

Auditioning
Hello All and thanks for taking a look.

I just bought a new house and I have a problem. In the main family room area, the previous owners have custom built wood built-ins. The problem is the "space" for the TV fits only a 27 inch traditional CRT.

The room is small but I want to upgrade. i dont want to hire someone to rip down the built-ins as the wife would kill me. The "hole" for the tv is very deep.

Im trying to figure out a way to fit a plasma tv in that space. I want to increase the size of the tv I have. Nothing wrong with my current tv other than watching tv on a 27 inch is getting old.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting an extension wall mount but afraid that will put way too much stress to extend it out far enough past the opening to fit a 42 or 50 inch plasma.

What would a professional recommend?

thanks in advance!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chad_K

Grip
Real Name
Chad Kemp
Rip out the built ins and reconfigure the cabinet to fit around the plasma of your choice. We had this done a few months ago for a job we were doing and it turned out beautiful.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I'm not a professional, but can you install a low-profile mount on the front of the built-in box for the 27" TV? You might need a few cross-members across the opening, but..?

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks