What's new

Help.... WS vs. 4:3 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But there are plenty of TV show re-runs on all sorts of theme-based cable channels, and that's not going away either.

Anyhow, I think we've established that there's no one right decision in this matter. Horse...beaten...to...an...inch...of...its...life. ..

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe this thread should really be tacked up top of this forum section just like the MERGED BURN-IN thread since it's such an important and frequently brought-up topic (by newbies) that won't go away for maybe another year yet.

Just a thought...

_Man_

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Before the horse breathes its last...

I have a 60-inch 4:3, which I think is a great compromise, as it provides a large image for widescreen format DVDs (larger than many native 16:9 sets), black bars nonwithstanding. Plus, in terms of televised broadcasts, it gives a large 4:3 image. If, like me, one watches a lot of sports on TV, then a 4:3 image still seems like the way to go. Just my two cents; different strokes, and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks