What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

help with series title- similar to Emergency (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I remember a tv series from the last 10 to 15 years about paramedics, both male and female. It took place in a west coast city and was similar to Emergancy, but gritier. One episode was centered on a freeway incident where a bridge fell in due to an earthquake. There was a couple pinned under their vehicle and if the vehicle was moved, they would bleed out and die. It ended with them accepting their fate and telling the paramedics to move the vehicle. I think it lasted one or two seasons and may have been syndicated. Anyone remember this show?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
This was a little bit further back. Proably in the 1990s. But thanks for the input. I remeber watching it with my wife, who died 3 years ago. So it could not have been "Saved". I am thinking it had either Costas Mandylor or his brother on it, but I could be mistaken.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Nope not Third Watch. Besides I am sure it was about paramedics. Besides Third Watch lasted 6 seasons. The show I am thinking of lasted only one or two seasons. Thanks for your input though.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I can find nothing showing the actors or a description to check that that is the show I am thinking about.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can find very little on Picking Up the Pieces except it looks like it was a BBC series set in London. The actors appear to be mostly UK and none that I only one name I even remotely recognized. This only on-line review of it just skewered it.

I can't find anything in any of the databases that are set primarily with EMS/Paramedics as the main characters. Unfortunately several Hospital or ensemble series with Paramedics in recurring roles.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
That's what I get for not scrolling down the page - I had no idea it was a British series. ;) I just did a keyword search on "paramedic" on TV.com and the IMDB and then tried to narrow the list down to dramatic TV shows in the proper timeframe. (There were a couple of reality shows I eliiminated.) "Picking up the Pieces" was the closest thing I could find to your description. I had never heard of it before, but given that there were only 8 episodes, I didn't think that terribly odd. Now that I know it was a UK series, I assume I never heard of it because it either never aired over here at all or was only carried on BBC America.

Sorry, wish this was all more helpful.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks