What's new

Help with Panny RP91 and Screen sizes (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased the RP91 and thought I would be able to "zoom" in DVD movies that are formatted for Wide Screen/Letter box. I have yet to be able to do so on my 4:3 TV and looking at the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen is absolutely annoying. Can some one please help me find the setting to change this. Thanks

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
First, be aware that this is officially a pro-OAR site, which means in a nutshell that we LOVE black bars, not because we like looking at black bars, but because their presence means we're looking at the whole movie, not a chopped off version.
However, if you feel the need to zoom in to see only 1/2 the movie, getting rid of the black bars, you do so by hitting the on-screen-display button twice. I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but I think you go to a tv set icon and then go right until you find a setting that can be set to auto/shrink/zoom/normal. Set this to zoom, and you'll achieve what you want, although I'm not sure why'd you want to.
My serious advice to you, is for each movie, at least try watching 5 minutes both with and without the black bars, and see how much of the movie you're missing, and I'll guess that like most of us, you'll be converted.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks